Chapter 2: Back to the barn.

Y/n's POV:

Once the Peridot had finished her explanation of the Cluster I began to think to myself of how I could stop it. 'If the Cluster is deep beneath the earth the best option would be to create a plasma drill, by using my dormant energy it would easily power itself. The issue is that there wouldn't be enough metal even on a planet such as this to create one. Half an Alphalink would be needed for the metal and even more for myself to keep the drill stable.', I pondered quickly shooting down my idea. Returning to the conversation just as it ended.

"Wait! I have a better idea that doesn't involve destroying the house!", the fleshling quickly exclaims.

We arrive at what Steven described as a "Barn" which held various forms of machinery and other parts. He brings out a chalkboard and begins his drawing of a drill although not an adequate blueprint it's a start.

" All right. With what we have here in the barn should help us start with construction of the drill. The best thing would be to organise the components that we have currently have and do the blueprint afterwards.", the Pearl begins.

The Peridot begins to draw on the board adding to the design yet it still holds many major flaws. How have gem kind advanced at all?

"Hmm, yes. Thank you, you can go now", Peridot gestures to the Pearl in an attempt of shooing her away.

Before the Pearl can react I decide to intervene, "Your blueprint is flawed, there are many major fractures in the hull if hit at an angle it would collapse and crush anyone within it", as I point towards the hull of the blueprint. Both gems didn't react kindly to my input. It was the fleshling's turn to interrupt.

"Gasp, you guys should build Robots to decide who leads the Project!", he excitedly shouts. After getting a short explanation to the concept of 'robots' it triggered a memory of mine.

Flashback:

Once again I was standing within an Alphalink at the bridge facing a different planet this time. The planet was a shade of dark green with two red moons circling it.

"My Lord, the organics of this planet are much larger than anticipated and are overpowering our operations", the deep yet familiar growl of the Omegalink commander addressed me, his singular red eye remaining focused on the floor.

"Hmm, that is troublesome.", I hummed looking at a hologram projection of the planets species. Large blue skinned bipedal creatures, long ears and a tail. Their strength was equal to that of a fused Ultralink the issue being that there were only base form Ultralinks on the planet currently.

Scanning the species' form I was able to make a copy and began to design a blueprint to combat this. As it is made of metal only base Ultralinks and myself could possibly make what I have called an Enhancement suit. Giving the blueprint to the Omegalink he quickly left. The memory fading as his body enters the darkness.

Present:

"Y/n!", Steven calls for me breaking me out of my trance. " Pearl and Peridot have begun building their Robots!", he shouted again.

"Thank you Steven, I was merely giving them a head start I shall start building my Enhancement suit now.", I replied. Hovering off the ground as the metal on my body began to separate, enlarge and reconnect to create a much larger body in its place. My glowing (f/c) orb now covered by newly shaped sheets of metal.

 My glowing (f/c) orb now covered by newly shaped sheets of metal

A/n: ignore the sword. Didn't draw it obviously. I'm not good with mech suits.

The Enhancement suit landed on the ground raising to its new height before bright (f/c) flames erupt from the forearms and the back of the head. I go to kneel down to meet Steven's eyes, star shaped from shock and amazement, his mouth is wide open as he looks at the suit.

The two gems finish their robot suits, I turn to meet my competitors only to look down on them. The Pearl's suit fits to her appearance being slightly tall yet lanky in comparison the Peridot's suit which is short and stubby. They both look up to me mouths ajar, I chuckle slightly and notice the arrival of the other Crystal gems.

"Heyy Steven! Where's Y/n? What's the giant flaming robot?", Amethyst calls out to the speechless boy who answers to her first question by pointing to my enhancement suit.

"Hello Amethyst, we are having a competition to see who will lead the Drill Project. Steven suggested to us to build enhancement suits.", I answer to her questions. Her reaction along with the other gems were priceless to see. Breaking them out of their daze I ask, "Shall we begin?"

Challenge 1: Speed.

At the sound of a bell the three suits began to run across the field. The two gems focusing on each other allowed me to jet ahead using the thrusters on my back as a boost as (f/c) flames shot out of the large metal wings. Hearing a crash behind me I turned to see that the gems had crashed into a tree.

The scores were tallied on a chalkboard.
Y/n: I
Pearl: 0
Peridot: 0

Challenge 2: Strength.

This challenge was very easy for me. I merely raised my foot and then slammed it onto the boulder in front of me. Peridot was able to crush 2 boulders with her claws, however, due to how Pearl built hers it was unable to crush the rock and dropped it into her cockpit.

Challenge 3: Ballet

For the third challenge I looked at the "phone" I had fused with and accompanied the Pearl in a paired dance finishing with her suit balancing on my knee like a bird on a branch. Peridot on the other hand had fallen over.

Challenge 4: Jumping.

This was also too easy as I simply used my boosters on my back to lift me off the ground and breaking through the atmosphere. I grabbed one of the humans' booster rockets as a piece of evidence and brought myself back down to the barn.

Challenge 5: Artillery.

Grabbing onto the front chest plate I opened it up to reveal one singular cannon and shot it into the distance as the powerful blast blew the surrounding trees away for miles on end. Not finishing my show of power, from my flame covered forearms sprung two (f/c) flaming great swords that I was able to slash with such force it shot out and cut down a nearby boulder. The other's weapons were strong yet limited in their design.

Many hours and challenges later:

It is now towards the end of the day and the challenges were finally finished. I was placed first with the Pearl and the Peridot tied at second place. Peridot was about to launch at Pearl but I merely hoisted her suit into the air as it flailed about its arms and legs too short to reach me.

After her tantrum it was time to put their enhancement suits back in the barn and luckily they were able to agree with each other and taking in my input design a better and more stable drill. We will begin tomorrow with gathering resources and such.

Returning my body back to normal with my (f/c) core becoming prominent in the dark of the night.

The booster from space resting on the side of the barn, today was an interesting day and even helped a memory resurface. However, I now know what my purpose is or rather was... if I do find other Ultralinks I hope to turn us from destroyers to protectors.

A/n: this is will be more of a heads up. I won't be doing every episode so I may skip a few or make them into personal chapters for the reader. So in case you get confused I'm just putting it out there. This is so that you learn more about Y/n and so that he doesn't completely overtake the story.
Hope that makes sense.

Can anyone guess what the species were from the flashback? Comment below.