High High Hopes || 15

⚠️ w a r n i n g ⚠️

!! anxeity !!
!! depression !!
!! suicide attempt !!
!! self harm !!

____

"you could've done better, princess. i'm not saying it's bad or anything. but y'know this not a great a score..." namjoon says, smiling a little with his lower lip tugged between his teeth out of nervousness as his eyes look up from the report card to aera's face, noticing the smile from earlier gradually falling down.

she gulps her saliva, looking down and nods her head, "you're right, i should've done better." she hushes out, smiling at him as if it were a wax statue smiling, for the smile didn't reach her eyes.

she sighs softly, feeling namjoon's hand on her shoulder, giving a gentle squeeze of assurance which nevertheless feels nothing more than a mere formality. instead of going to show the progress report to jimin, she folds the paper quietly and puts it in her pocket, not having the courage to hear the same set of words again.

"aera," yoongi's voice calls, causing a wave of anxeity to cripple over aera's body slowly. she blinks a few times, heading to the kitchen where yoongi is standing by the stove, wearing an apron as he cooks something that smells delicious. "ah you're here, come have a seat. taste the spaghetti and tell me how's it."

"i'm not hungry," aera says, fiddling with her hands. the paper in the pocket of her jacket suddenly started digging holes on seeing the smile on yoongi's face and the fondness in his eyes when he smiles, telling her to sit.

"how is that possible? you haven't eaten anything after breakfast. so just sit here, and if you want appa can feed riri hm?" he smiles, leaning on the counter on his elbows, bumping his forehead against aera's, making her smile drop gradually in confusion, for she could foresee yoongi being disappointed later when he comes to know about her academic reports.

she looks down, not saying anything and stands up, "i'm not hungry," her voice says almost like a whisper, before standing up nd making her way upstairs.

tears blur her vision and the steps become faster, hoping to reach her room as soon as possible. however her feet stumble, bumping into a taller and stronger body. a tear drops from her eye, making her hand lift up swiftly, wiping it before her brother sees it.

"i'm sorry," she says quickly, picking up jimin's phone that he dropped mid-motion and hands it back to him, ready to head her own way without any extra exchange of words.

"wait," jimin says and she looks at him, stopping on her track.

"your teacher called me." he states, "and i hope you know what you did this time?"

"what did i do?" aera blinks a few times, her hand cautiously moving to the pocket, clutching onto the paper.

"really?" jimin crosses his arms, maintaining a sharp gaze and sighs deeply, "this is so disappointing, aera. is it fun getting scolded all the time? you don't do your work, argue with others, take your martial arts for granted, and even your scores have been dropping. what exactly is wrong with you? if there's any problem, talk to me, aera. being like this isn't a solution."

"i'm sorry," she says softly, "i'm really sorry... i'll do better oppa, please don't be mad. i won't fight anyone and score good, and do everything... i'm sorry for disappointing you,"

jimin sighs, realising how wrong his words sounded and curses at himself for not minding what he said. he opens his arms, hugging the sister tightly and closes his eyes, "i'm sorry i didn't-" he's cut off by his phone, making him hiss in annoyance as it's from the same annoying client who has been trying to approach him since the last three days. "i'll see you later, lemme fix this once and for all. please don't be mad at me, okay? i lov- aish!" he sighs taking the call finally and walks away.