Chapter 1- The letter

"It's been a while since you've been written to. Now should be a good time to catch up. You are really missed mum, well the old mum. You are not gone yet and I won't stop until I find you. It is going to be difficult because ever since your diagnosis, you have gone downhill. And, I am in an orphanage because of it. It. Is. Terrible! They separated me from Theodore my brother and scrubbed and scraped me until my skin was raw! And the girls are horrible, especially Polly, she thinks she's a princess. They even cut my hair! My hair! The hair that I have been growing my entire life! The hair that you would lovingly braid every morning into two long, brown plaits. I love it at home. Home. I might never see it again. I might never see you again. But, I promise I will remember. I will never forget. I will find you!" Mimics 'princess' Polly in a childish voice "Awwww does poor Lottie bottie want to see her mummy wummy because she's scared of Polly Wally?"
" I AM CHARLOTTE BOTRINGHAM!" Only my family call me Lottie and Polly is DEFINITELY NOT family. "GIVE ME BACK MY LETTER!"
"How about you find it in the Matrons dirty stockings?" Princess Polly shrieked with laughter as she riped up the letter and stuffed it at the bottom of the matrons linen basket.
"GIRLS!" Polly went bright red as she turned round to see matron farthley (we all call her matron fart) "We should be asleep. Lights out was 3 hours ago!"