𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙪𝙣𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙪𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨

// 1st P.O.V //

I stopped to do a double take.

"What?" I said.
"You heard me..." Edolas me refused to meet my eyes.

"That's real funny... now, tell me what you're gonna say? Seriously, this time," I tried for a smile.
"No, um... that's what I was going to say," she spoke quietly, "I don't know... there are two possibilities. Him, and..."

I felt a lump in my throat as I realised she was serious.
"If you say who I think you're gonna say..." I lowered my voice.

"Sting," she said, barely audible, but with my enhanced hearing, I heard her. I stood immediately.

"W-wait, where are you going?" her [E/C] eyes widened. I now hated that they were the exact same colour as mine.
"I'm telling your fiancé that you slept with his friend," I growled. She scrambled to her feet and grabbed my wrist.

"No, no, please don't," she begged, "I-I don't want him to know, why did I even tell you?!"
I whipped around on the spot and slapped her. She stumbled back, acquiescing her grasp on my wrist. The pool area fell silent at the hall - me standing in front of her whilst she, on the brink of tears, held her cheek was not a good look.

"Hey!" her Edolas fiancé, Ryos, moved from where he was and started to approach. I ignored him and continued on my way out. He grabbed my forearm and I swung around and punched him in the nose, infused with my magic. He hissed and raised one hand to hold his face.

"If you still want a hand for your little wench to put a wedding ring on, you'd better move it," I growled. With no other choice and the knowledge I could easily overpower him, he let go and I walked out, despite being in a swimsuit.

It was raining outside, heavily, and I immediately regretted walking out, but returning inside, shivering, would make me look like a loon. Instead, I scurried to the nearest bench undercover and sat there, hugging my arms.

"Oh... you stupid..." I growled of my Edolas counterpart, "how could she do that? I can't... oh, she's right. I'm nothing like her."

I continued to growl to myself until I felt - and smelt - a presence standing over me. I looked up and saw a brown-haired woman with blue eyes, dressed in something akin to a black bikini. Her hair fell over on of her eyes and then down her back. She wore a dark trench coat over her clothes. Whenever she shifted her position, an overabundance of gold jewellery rattled. In her hand she held a green umbrella and on the sleeve of her coat was the Lamia Scale guild mark.

"That's a face I've not seen in a while," she grinned.
"Aarya?" I asked.
"The one and only," the woman confirmed.

I remembered Aarya well — Aarya Anehei, the Fire Devil Slayer I'd met six months ago on a job in the town of Girasole.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned, standing up.
"I could ask you the same question. It's pourin' and you're out here in some skimpy get-up," she said, slightly irked. I didn't mention that she wore practically the same thing.

"C'mon, I'll explain everything in a second. Let's get back to your guildhall," Aarya spoke, putting an arm around me and pulling me under the umbrella. This wasn't unwelcome to me.

She walked with me back into Sabertooth, where she kicked the doors wide as if she was returning to her own home. I followed suit.

Ryos was still standing where I'd left him, apparently too shocked to move.

"What're you staring at, punk?" Aarya stepped over to get into his face.
"Now, c'mon, let's not get violent," I said, pulling her away. Ryos narrowed his eyes and broke away to go back to his [Y/N], presumably.