nineteen ; nothing

My mother and I were never really that close, but I do remember that she would always read me a story out of our big book of fairy tales every night when she got home from work. But I would always make her skip ahead to stories of princesses and how they found their prince. Every time she finished a story, I would rub my sleepy eyes and as she tucked me into bed I would sluggishly announce "One day I'm going to meet my prince, and we'll live in a big castle with all my animal friends and love each other very much."

She would just laugh and kiss the top of my head and call me a silly girl. I never understood why she called me silly because I honestly thought one day I would achieve it, probably minus the whole castle with animal friends part. But the part where I live happily ever after with a boy was always burned in the back of mind.

It was not until I walked out of that recording studio, alone, that I realized the pain in my heart was not anybody's fault but mine.

I wanted a perfect ending. I wanted a perfect ending with Michael. Unfortunately I did not live in my big book of fairy tails, I was not a princess who could capture the heart of a prince.

I am Frankie Heights, a guitarist in a band, a girl who fell for a boy who did not fall hard enough to grab her and kiss her when he had the chance but instead said "I'm not ready for this...".

I am Frankie Heights,a girl who did not believe in love until love came into her life with hair that changed colors and made her forget why she was a nonbeliever in the first place.

"Frankie?" there was a soft knock on the bathroom door. I didn't realize that I've been sitting on the bathroom floor for over an hour now staring at an invitation to a party that Michael invited me to.

I quickly got up, brushing off my pants and opened the door "Sorry, I must've eaten something bad earlier today" I lied brushing past Casey who looked at me suspiciously.

David and Max were sprawled out on the floor playing with a deck of cards, arguing at the fact that Max apparently cheated and of course he was denying every accusation. Their voices lowered as they realized I was towering over them.

"Hey Franks" David cleared his throat placing his cards on the floor and standing up "You okay?"

I shrugged, trying my best to pretend everything was fine "Yeah, why?"

Max stood up as well, glancing over at Casey who was now behind me with her arms crossed over her chest. David's eyebrows rose as he began rubbing his hands on his jeans. "Well it's just-"

I knew where this was going. I didn't- I couldn't deal with confrontation right now.

"Before you say anything" I interrupted, surprising David as his words formed a bubble in his cheeks, I smiled nervously in return "My old friend I caught up with today invited me to this party" I shuffled back to the bathroom avoiding Casey's stare and retrieved the invitation on the floor. I waved the paper in the air as my band mates watched my every move, unsure what to do. "Annnnd he said I could bring friends"

They eyed each other nervously. I could hear the thoughts radiating off their minds. They knew something happened at the recording studio, they knew something bad happened. But the thing was I didn't want them to know, I didn't want this day - the day where we got signed, to be ruined because I was stupid enough to fall in love. "That's you guys!" I stated as if it wasn't already obvious.

There was an overly dramatic pause, just a bunch of suspicious stares thrown directly towards me.

Max was the first to break the silence. As always.