Conclusion

Sorry if the last aspect came across as personal and ranty, this is something I have been wanting to get off my chest and have not been able to find a community who listens.

So how do I feel about a shift in how I see this series? Well, it sucks that I now hate it due to so many factors but I'm certainly not the first to have this feeling about a formerly beloved franchise. Many people stop being fans of certain things after they started seeing flaws which spiral into realisation that they grow not to like like whatever it was. Much like Rick and Morty, the toxic fanbase was the main reason that I don't like watching it anymore as well as the conceited feeling the show creators seem to radiate that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. In fact, My Dad Wrote a Porno seems to be my second Rick and Morty (well, technically, that was Harry Potter but that had more to do with JKR than the fanbase). I just hope there are more critiques towards this show, not that I want to see people being mean-spirited but it does feel odd that the show seems almost too perfect, even the most popular Marvel movies get some kind of negative review despite a 10/10 score and this is definitely a fanbase that needs alternative discussion because at the moment, it definitely feels like if you criticise something, you're not a belinker.