Funeral

It took Aura about 30 minutes to stop crying and she fell asleep. I carried her to Zenyatta's room and saw everyone else asleep on her bed. I gently laid Aura down and closed the door.

I walked onto the porch and pointed my shotgun at the group again. "I said leave!"

"Shane." I turned to Carl. "Please. We didn't mean it. We just need a place to stay for tonight."

I stared at him, contemplating wether or not I should let them. "You hurt my girlfriend and killed Jay. Why should I let you stay?"

"Because we're desperate and need help. Please Shane. Just for tonight."

I glared at everyone. "No. Now" I clocked the gun. "Get. Off. My. Property." Rick stepped up but I shot a warning shot at his feet. "NOW!"

They all scrambled away and into the tree line. When I lost sight of them, I broke. I dropped the gun and leaned against the wooden railing of the porch. I only sobbed and sobbed.

________________________

The hole I dug was 4 feet deep right under the tree on the hill behind the house. Jays body was wrapped in his bed sheets, it was all I could find. I lowered his body down and filled the hole again. Tears running down my face.

The sun was just coming up when I finished. I walked to the house again and caught movement in the trees.

I saw Rick and Lori standing in the shadows with saddened expressions. I only glared at them and walked inside. When I opened the door to Zenyatta's room, everyone was up already. Zenyatta was sitting up, it seemed she felt better now, and they all had red eyes. Indicating that they were crying.

I sat down I the bed next to her an drubbed her back. She buried herself in my body and squeezed tightly. The girls came into the hug too. No tears were shed, guess we all ran out.

"He's under the tree on the hill." I said.

"We should say goodbye now." Zenyatta said.

"Whatever you want."

______________________

We all stood over the grave. The sun was high in the sky now. My arm was around Zenyatta's shoulders. Her arms were around the girls who stood in front of us.

Ayla stepped up first. She put down a picture she drew of her and Jay. "Here you go Jay. I drew it for you. I hope that heaven has a lot of ice cream so you can eat it again."

I smiled at her. Then Aliya walked up and placed a bracelet down. "Remember this? We got it at Disney World. I want you to have it. Bye Jay."

Then Aura placed a crystal down. "You remember this right? It was when we went on that camping trip and found this crystal in the rock. You should keep it since you found it. Later Jay."

Zenyatta kneeled down and put down a picture of the all of them. "This was Aliya's 8 birthday. You got her a freaking hot air ballon ride." She chuckled. "I love you Jay. And I'll see ya later."

Now me. I stepped up. "God I uh don't really know what to say. Sorry I don't have anything for you. Jay, you were the greatest man I knew. You quickly became my best friend. I'll keep that promise I made you. I swear. See you soon brother. See you soon."

With that we all left to let Jay rest.