Talks (Ch. 2)

"Oh~ How beautiful!" Hina commented about the fireworks in the sky. She had wanted Takemichi to get out of the stuffy hospital room he was stuck in, and she thought the crisp night air would do him some good.

He followed up after her, walking step by step. Even if he was deep in thought, the fireworks lighting up the sky managed to snap him out of it.

Sitting beside Hina, she rested her head on his shoulder as they relaxed.

"I still remember that time we watched the fireworks at my house. Do you remember?"

"Of course I do." He responded. "That time when I wanted to hold your hand, but I accidentally held Naoto's instead."

"Hehe, what was that." She giggled.

Staying silent, Takemichi continued to look up at the sky. It looked so pretty with the fireworks lighting it up. Beautiful, even. Just like Hina said.

"I've..." He trailed off before saying a bit on what was on his mind.

"I've worked hard to protect you." He told her. "Seeing how reckless I was achieiving that goal, I've gained all kinds of people supporting me, and some became allies to me....Which just increases the amount of people I want to save. My hands became full, but..."

He kept his eyes on the night, never straying away from the breathtaking scenery. "Mikey saved all of the people I wanted to save."

"That's why..." He stood up abruptly. "I can't accept the fact that Mikey is the only one left in the dark."

Staying quiet for a few seconds, he turned to look down at Hina. "That day at Musashi Shrine...remember what you told me?" He smiled.

"You're not Draken-kun. You're not Mikey-kun. Takemichi-kun is...Takemichi-kun." Hina stared at her boyfriend in surprise before she smiled, a small blush rising to her cheeks.

"Did I say that?"

"It's fine that I'm not like them, I'm Takemichi Hanagaki, after all. I may not be as strong as them, but being Takemichi Hanagaki means...that I'll never stop trying! I'll keep on going! Even if it kills me!"

"Takemichi..." Hina stared, wide eyed and shocked.

"Hina, I've decided...I'll make a team of my own! But this time, I won't include any of my friends. I won't involve them. I can't let them get hurt." He clenched his fists tightly, staring the moon down.

He dared it to shine even brighter.

////////////////////////////////////////

1 month later

"Alright..." He flexed his hand, trying it out to see if he felt any pain. "I'm completely restored."

He closed his eyes, breathing in before breathing out.

'Now for the hard part...'

////////////////////////////////////////

Stopping by a flower shop, he paid the worker the money for the flowers before he stepped out of the store. He headed to a place Mikey probably knew all too well.

Crouching down, he set one of the bouquets of flowers on a grave. He had more for another person. He smiled lightly.

"Hi, Baji-kun." He greeted. "It's been a while."

Almost immediately after saying that did he bow down. "I would like to apologize." He gained tears in his eyes, but he wouldn't let them fall.

He promised he wouldn't cry.