BACK TO BLACK , james potter / sirius black

✧・゚: 𝙱𝙰𝙲𝙺 𝚃𝙾 𝙱𝙻𝙰𝙲𝙺 :・゚✧

love interest ──── james potter / sirius black
oc name ──── kaia brown
face claim ──── so joo-yeon
universe ──── marauder's era
status ──── available

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

( short + long summary ! )

✧・: *✧・

──────────

▬▬▬in which Kaia Brown longs for James Potter, but he only has eyes for Lily Evans.

KAIA BROWN IS A ROMANTIC AT HEART. She loves happily-ever-afters, unrequited love and the prince finding the princess― she just doesn't want the heartache before the happy ending to happen to her. Yet, it seems that this is unavoidable: she has fallen in love with James Potter. He puts out a brash, class-clown front but when he thinks that no one is watching, his features soften. Kaia noticed how gently his hazel eyes beheld Lily Evans (when he wasn't obnoxiously asking her out), she saw how, when he was with his friends, his smile seemed to light up his entire face, causing his features to crease with amusement. She admired the brilliance behind his pranks (rather than the inconvenience or comedy everyone else saw them as) and how loyal he was. Even as she pined for him, however, she knew that he would never be hers. He was only ever interested in Lily Evans and that was that― or so she thought.

By some miracle, she's paired with him in Potions during their sixth year. At first she's too shy to say anything to him at all and her hands tremble as she works with their potions ingredients. On James' part, he thinks that Kaia is just a silly girl and hardly pays her any mind, too caught up in watching Lily's red hair glow in the dim light of the dungeons. It's only when he almost slips up and puts the wrong ingredient in does he take note of his partner― Kaia grabbed his hand to save their potion. As soon as her fingers wrap around his wrist, his eyes meet her brown ones and, with no small amount of shock, realizes that Lily is looking right back at him.

Of course, Lily is on the other side of the room and hates his guts. But Kaia's wide, intelligent gaze is so reminiscent of the girl he loves that it's all too easy to get confused― not to mention that she's a much easier target. Yet, even as he begins to pursue a new love interest, Lily's green eyes and spitfire attitude are always in the back of his mind. Torn between two lovers, he's back and forth between Lily and Kaia for the remainder of the year.

At first, Kaia is ecstatic when James asks her to go to Hogsmeade with him. It's all her dreams come true at once― or so she thinks. It's only as time passes that she begins to realize that James Potter could never really get over Lily Evans. Their relationship is rocky at best and every time they break up, Kaia is devastated. The only truly good thing to come out of her emotional turmoil is her newfound relationship with the rest of James' friends― Sirius Black in particular, who seems to be there to catch her every time she hits rock-bottom.