Chapter 8 - Collapse

I arose from my slumber and checked my phone.

4am.

I had barely slept and was very tired and exhausted still. I decided to get up and wander around for a while while Freddy was snoring on the couch.

I walked through a level 10 security door, down a hallway and into the main atrium.

Even though I was fatigued, I was starving. There were so many food options, but I chose the most interesting one. I walked all the way across and into the elevators that led to the main entrance.

I stepped through the doubles doors, with a dimly lit daycare sign hovering above it. I crawled under the small opening in the shutters, and I heard the music.

It always put me in a good mood. I guess random noises feed me serotonin. I walked around the play structure and strolled into the Fazbear Theatre.

I wanted to grab some drink and popcorn, and sit down watching those crappy kids cartoons they would play for them. It was basically another place for adults to deposit their kids at while they went and got drunk at the Fazpad.

I went behind the counter and started turning the mechanism for the popcorn machine. I noticed every 10 seconds or so, my vision would blur for a split second. In my mind, I blamed it on tiredness and tried to neglect it.

Eventually I got the popcorn moving enough that the pieces started getting tossed around and hit against the glass of the machine. I pressed a button to start heating the kernels up and I slowly started to hear them pop and crackle.

A hatch opened and the popcorn started spilling into an extra large bucket I grabbed earlier. I wanted a lot so that it would have hopefully filled up my energy a decent amount.

As I noticed the popcorn rising near the edges at the top of the bucket, all my focus switched to the machine. I waited carefully and shut the hatch just before the popcorn would have started flooding out of the sides.

I then grabbed a large plastic cup and started putting it under each soda tap to create a weird but interesting flavoured drink. I hauled it all over to the actual Theatre area down stairs. I sat down on a small cushion, propped up against some foam blocks.

I started slurping my soda and throwing popcorn into my mouth slowly. I didn't want to throw up anywhere, I would have to clean it because the cleaner bots couldn't access inside the theatre area.

I gazed up towards the massive projected screen as cheerful, playful music flowed out of the speakers. Even though the cartoons were really boring and cliche, I could see why kids enjoy. Bright, vibrant characters, memorable music and singing, easy to grasp stories.

As I was mesmerised by these thoughts, I heard a voice in the distance, though I couldn't recognise it.

"Are you having fun yet?"

I jolted my head to look behind me and watched as a dancing white rabbit bounced towards me. My vision started to blur and go red and I panicked.

Not this again.

I just tried to dart into every direction until I eventually reached the shutters out of the theater. I felt for my surroundings and carefully but quickly guided myself out of the daycare.

I suddenly found myself trapped. I tried to feel around but it felt like I was surrounded by brick walls with nowhere to run.

My muscles inside my legs started to weaken and it felt like my bones were as thin as a sheet of paper. I felt a pulsating head ache in my brain and all of my limbs fell. I collapsed onto the floor and my vision was lost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another chapter done! I think I'm almost done with this book. Maybe a few more chapters, I'm just running out of ideas to be honest.