Ch. 3 If you are going out. Can I go out as well?

Sousuke held a tray with a phone on top. He ran through several hallways within the Suoh Manor, searching for the Suoh Matriarch, sixty-five-year-old Shizue Suoh. He stops running once he stands outside a room. He knocked on the door, and an elderly feminine voice responded.

" Come in," Shizue speaks while taking a sip of her Black Tea. She hears the door open, and she turns her gaze to see Sousuke with a phone in their grasp.

" Shizue-sama. Someone by the name of Makoto Suzuki wishes to speak to you," Sousuke informs Shizue.

Shizue's chocolate brown eyes widened when she heard the name of her childhood best friend.

" Makoto," Shizue whispered, and her gaze softened. " Give me the phone," She held her hand out to Sousuke.

" Yes, Shizue-sama," Sousuke walks up to Shizue, and he gives her the phone.

Shizue grabbed the phone, gently placing it against her right ear.

" Hello, old friend," Makoto greets Shizue.

" Hello, Makoto. It is a surprise to hear from you. I for sure believed that you would never speak to me because of what my idiotic son did all those years ago," Shizue murmured.

" Are you busy?" Makoto asked, sounding concerned.

Shizue raised an eyebrow when she heard Makoto's concerned voice. She glanced at the calendar in her bedroom since she had recently returned from a trip to Paris, France. She was getting ready to rest for the day, but she knew something was bothering her best friend.

" No. I am not busy. Is everything alright?" Shizue asked.

" Would you like to drink tea and chat like we used to do?" Makoto asked.

" Of course. I will meet you at Sakurai's in Minato City District within Tokyo," Shizue responded.

" I will see you there soon, Shizue," Makoto hangs up.

Shizue turns her gaze to Sousuke.

" Sousuke. Please, prepare a limo for me. Also, let that son of mine know that I have an important business to attend to," Shizue gives the phone to Sousuke.

" Of course, Shizue-sama," Sousuke formally bows, and he excused himself out of the room.

Shizue stands up, and she walks towards her vanity station. Her gaze softens when she sees a portrait of two young females wearing Kimonos at a Summer Festival. She grabs the picture and stares at it sadly and fondly.

 She grabs the picture and stares at it sadly and fondly

" Makoto. It is so good to hear from you at last," Shizue whispered. " I hope all is well," She murmured, recalling that Makoto sounded concerned.

Sousuke walked through the several hallways, telling nearby servants to get a limo prepared because Shizue was leaving the Manor for the time being for an important meeting. He stops walking when he sees the current head of the Suoh Family, forty-four-year-old Yuzuru Suoh, conversing with his only son, fourteen-year-old Tamaki Suoh.