The butler to the Kocho family

A/N: Heya guys, I thought of this while writing chapter 17 of "The Eclipse Pillar" So I thought I would make a one-shot from it. It's an AU where Tanjiro needs money to cure his mom of her disease so he becomes a butler for the kocho family. This might become a second story if this reaches 2K reads. So let's start the story. This might take me a while since I'm going to make it long.

Tanjiro Kamado was a blessed soul. With an amazing mother and 6 adorable siblings. His father, unfortunately, passed away due to an illness that could not be cured. He was not prepared to get a job but if it meant saving his mother he would gladly throw away his own life. There was only one problem. He couldn't find a job. Every time he applied to a job they either had enough staff or he was turned down because he didn't fit the qualifications for the job. he was walking down the road, His red eyes began filling with tears over his anger that he might lose his mother. He cursed himself for not being able to find a job. As he finished cursing himself,  a strong wind blew a piece of paper in his face. He read it and said: "Looking for a butler to clean rooms. Paying 4,000 yen per 2 hours. XXX street XXX road." After he read that he had a smile on his face.  Cleaning was the one thing he was good at so hopefully be too had to get the job. He sped down the road and went to the address where the poster was. Once he saw how big the house is he told himself that this will take a lot of work unless others are cleaning it too. He knocked on the door twice before it opened. "Konnichiwa~ Are you here to apply for the job?" A feminine voice said as she slowly opened the door. "Y-yes" Tanjiro stuttered, "My name is Tanjiro kamado, Nice to meet you," He said as he bowed politely, a slight blush on his face. "My name is Shinobu Kocho, Nice to meet you too!" He looked at her from head to toe, and then quickly glanced away, not wanting to come off as a creep. Please come in, Shinobu gestured with her hands. U-understood. He said as he awkwardly followed her inside the house. She led him to a table with two cups and a teapot. "Please, have a seat." She said as Tanjiro silently took a seat beside her.

So, Why did you come to apply for this job? Shinobu asked. I wanted to get this job because I need money to cure my mother's illness. We always had enough money to keep us healthy but now the medicines are too expensive and even with the money I have doing odd jobs around the city, I still don't have enough. As he finished, A sad expression overtook Tanjiro's face. "Aw, you poor thing, It must be terrible for you to feel like that." "It is, But I hope you might give me a chance seeing as cleaning is the only thing I'm good at." He said while laughing awkwardly. "Ara Ara~  well, in that case, welcome you've got the job, congrats!" Thank you, this job will help me a lot. "There is one condition though, I hope you read the poster?" "I did, and I think it means like personal rooms like bedrooms?" "Correct! Usually, my sisters and I would clean our rooms ourselves but, we have exams coming up so we hire people to clean them for us." "The other 2 who were cleaning the rooms got fired for sneaking around the rooms, So ill need you to clean the other two rooms okay? You'll be compensated for your troubles of course." "I have no problems with that." So um when would I start? "You start tomorrow at 7 am, Is that alright with you?" "That's alright with me Miss Shinobu." "Please, don't call me miss, it makes me feel old." "Just call me Shinobu

Alright, then Shinobu, I'll see you tomorrow! Tanjiro said with a smile as he left. He reached the road and he was filled with joy. He finally got a job that could pay him enough to start his mother's treatment. He had called doctors to check on his mother, but they couldn't do anything. He needed a city doctor since they are trained to recognize something other doctors wouldn't. If he worked for around two months he could gain enough for an appointment and possible treatment. He ran home to tell his family the good news. "Guys! I.. got.. a job!" He said between pants. His family tackled him to the ground in sheer joy. That's a good big brother! now mom can start getting treated. His sibling along with his sister Nezuko, Were too young to work. (A.K.He wouldn't let Nezuko work cuz he was overprotective.)  So he took up the task of finding a job. and after 2 weeks, he found one. He told his mom the good news and was happy for him. She also told him to get some sleep. Which he did, and was ready for his job to begin tomorrow. "I hope nothing weird happens on the first day."

Time skip: 7 am at the Kocho residence

Shinobu walked through the halls of her Parent's estate. She wondered about that red-haired boy who got the job as her and her sister's cleaner. His look of pure joy when she accepted him for the job flashed through her mind. He seemed so happy and bringing smiles to people's faces was her specialty. Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard a knock on the door. "That must be him," She thought with a small smile. "Ohayo, Kamado-san~ How are you doing today?" "Ohayo Shinobu-san, I'm here for my first day!" Very nice, Though there is a uniform for this. It might not look too good though. "That's alright I'm just glad I have a job now." "Ok then, follow me and I'll take you to the changing room." He followed her to the changing room and changed into the uniform. "So how do I look?"

"God damn- you look hot"

"What?"

"Wut?"

Never mind what I just said, Let's get to work- I'll show you around.

Timeskip: After Tanjiro was given a tour And introduced to Kanae and kanao.

Tanjiro had finished Cleaning the 3 sisters' room so he had a bit of free time before their snack time. So he went around helping the other maids and butlers with their chores. It was about an hour before he had to bring them a snack so he made a quick chocolate cake with chocolate sauce ( Because chocolate goes best with chocolate) and green tea. When he finished it was around 5 minutes until their break/ snack time. He cut three slices of cake then poured three cups of tea and brought it to them. He also had a jug with the chocolate sauce so they could choose how much they wanted to put on the cake. He knocked on Kanao's door first. "Miss kanao Here's your dessert." "Come in Tanjiro" He heard her voice behind the door and gently twisted the knob before entering. Pardon me miss, Here is your dessert and some green tea. "Thank you for the cake and tea." Kanao looked at the small jug in confusion. "What's this?" "It's chocolate sauce for the cake." Oh, Thank you for going out of your way to do this for us. "No problem, It's my job after all." He carried the cake, tea, and chocolate to the other two and waited around for their next break. He made biscuits and tea. He took the snacks and brought them to the girls, got compliments, and humbly accepted them. Time flew past and by the time He realized it, it was time for him to leave. Well, I'll see you guys tomorrow. "Goodbye, we'll see you tomorrow." The three sisters said with smiles on their faces. Well, gotta go, See you guys tomorrow!  "Ara Ara~ Shinobu, you sure know how to pick a butler. And he's cute too. You have nice taste in men.

A/N: HOLA SENORITAS (jk Idk Spanish) but welcome to the end of my first one-shot. I was writing this for a while. Also, I might make this an actual story if it hits 2K reads. that might take a while since I'm working on my other story. So forgive me. I honestly wish I could type faster but hey ain't nothing I can do about it yk? So yeah Cya guys until upload " The Eclipse Pillar" Plz check out that story if you haven't before. It's like 10 Pm when I'm writing this rn So um ye. Yo yea DUCES MA PPL, LOVE YALL.