Part 8.. Oli

I had a lump in my throat, how did he know where V's parents lived? We flew in silence. They lived in the woods and had a big property, I bet pine had his minions hide in them. "Do I need to call the gang?" V asked. "I don't think so, they should have less people this time." I responded, I could see the house by now, Pine was waving at us from the driveway. "Nice to see you again!" Pine talked to me like I was an old friend. "How did you find this place?" I asked him. "Oh I just had a little black birdy tell me, come, let's head to the back" he gestured for me to follow him as we walked. "Ya know, this has been fun, but, I have some bad news" Pine sounded grim. I listened as he told me, "I have cancer, I am going to die in the next few months", he said as he turned around to face me. We were in the middle of the yard now, my children gathered behind me, with Blitz in the front. "Why here? Why here of all places, why would you even tell me this?" I asked him. "Because I want to destroy you before I die, and we'll, now is the best time to do it" he raised his hand and snapped his finger. Suddenly, hundreds of little red lights appeared on my body. He snapped his fingers again and there were hundreds of gunshots, I created a shield with my blood. "Is that all you got?" I asked before grabbing my pistol out of my belt, I loaded it and aimed in between his eyes. I pulled the trigger, he waved his hand and it moved to the left, missing him. He started sprinting towards me, and I froze, he jumped on me and I fell on my back. I looked up and his hand was now big, scaly, and black, it reminded me of Blitz's paw when he was a dragon. He punched me in the face, taking out one of my snakebites. My lip was bleeding. I spread my wings as far as they would go and flapped them so they would hopefully overwhelm him. He got off of me and I flew into the tree line. "Son!" I heard someone behind me. I camped in a tree far from the entrance. I took off my jacket, my sleeveless black shirt flowed in the wind. I summoned a bow with my blood and a couple of arrows. "Tsk Tsk Tsk" I heard Pine say, V came flying at the tree and hit it with a thud. He passed out on the ground, I dropped and picked him up. I looked up to see pine walking towards me, a hideous smile plastered on his face. "Fuck"I wispered, I carried V into the nearest tree. "Fuck fuck what do I do?" I thought out loud. I don't think I can make medical supplies. I saw a wet spot in the middle of his shirt. I pulled it up and saw a hole about the size of a quarter. I wish I hadn't taken off my jacket. I pulled off my shirt and pressed on the wound. "Oh Oli~" Pine sang. I used my blood and made a hard block, putting it on top of V's wound. I got my bow and arrow, aiming at the back of Pines head. As soon as I let it go Blitz shoved Pine out of the way, landing on top of him, biting and scratching Pine. The rest of my kids joined. I kissed V on his forehead "I love you" I smiled. I knocked another arrow, waiting for an opening, Pine was yelling at them to get off of him. Suddenly, all of my kids flew off of Pine, he stood up with his back to me, his clothes were ripped and his hair crazy. He was yelling at my kids for attacking him. I shot him in the back and he stopped in the middle of his sentence. I shot him two more times before he fell, face first on the ground. Blitz was yelling but I was too focused, I shot Pine until he looked like a hedgehog. Blitz ran to him, crying. "Dad! Dad no!" He sobbed as he held Pines' head in his lap. I flew down with V in my arms, I set him propped up next to a tree before walking towards Blitz. He spotted me and glared at me with such anger I stopped in my tracks. "You" he growled, his face stricken red with tears. "You killed my dad!" He screamed, making the birds fly out of the trees around us. "What? I adopted you, is Pine your birth dad?" I asked.  "How do you think he always found us? Huh Oli? Do you really think he just guessed? I was never your child. I used the adoption to get to you!" He yelled, pointing at me. I was shocked, "you mean V and I? Your siblings? Was it all a lie?" My voice cracked. He laughed, "well yea! I never cared about you!" He smiled. I was burning with anger, "you're not my son anymore, Blitz," I said angrily. He turned into a dragon and pinned me to the ground, he dug his claw into my shoulder, I screamed at the pain. "It's Ben, but you can call me Benedict" he growled, making his face so close to mine I could smell his breath. I spat on his nose. He dug his claw deeper, dragging it across my chest. My sight got blotchy white, I sighed as I knew this might be it. I hope V and my kids knew I loved them. I clenched my hand that had my ring on it. I didn't want to die here, I am not going too. We heard sirens in the distance, "might wanna leave before you get caught" I smiled even though every bit of me was writhing in pain. He flew away, Levi helped me up and we made our way to V. His breathing was choppy, "V" I said as I held onto his chest. He grabbed my hand, his face was white, he looked sickly. "I will be fine Oli" he smiled before passing out again. Paramedics shouted behind us, I used my last bit of strength to hide my wound to make V the priority. They carried him out on a stretcher as I leaned on a tree. The kids followed him to the ambulance. I was getting dizzy before I sat on the ground, leaning on the tree. I saw something white on the ground, I picked it up to see the engagement ring I got V. I chuckled before holding it close to my chest, putting it on my hand so I didn't lose it. I got up, using the tree as support, I revealed my wound and grabbed it with my hand. I wanted to go see V too. I needed to go to the hospital with him. My cut was burning. "Oli!" I saw Levi running towards me. I tripped and face planted in the ground, I puked on the ground  next to me. It hurt so much. I felt a hand on my back, helping me sit up. Levi grabbed my hand, "it will be ok, the paramedics are coming for you, stay awake!" He cried. I grabbed his hand back. "Can you promise me something?" I asked him. "Yes yes, what is it?" He looked down at me as he cried. "Give these to V. I need you to make sure he knows I love him so much. But, I need you to tell your siblings that I loved them. I have a bank account with money to let you guys live comfortably for a while, I saved up in secret in case something happened to me on the battlefield. It's all in my will" I smiled. "No! Don't think about that right now! I need you! Don't leave yet" he cried. My vision went black. I felt someone put something on my face as people grabbed me. "I will get these rings to V! I promise! Don't die Dad!" I heard Levi yell, before everything went black.