Memories

The ride back home was pretty tense. Drista wasn't happy with Sapnap. She wasn't allowed to see her hospital friends. Sapnap was glad she was able to remember them, but they could potentially trigger something. Especially Ash who was related to Sky.

"Drista...I'm sorry, but you're not supposed to see too many people." Sapnap tried to reason with her.

"Why?! If there's something I don't remember, why can't you just tell me?" Drista knew at this point that there was something big she didn't know.

"I can't just tell you, you have to remember on your own." Sapnap would rather put a fork through his eyes than tell her about Lani and Sky.

"You told me other stuff I forgot, what did I forget?!" Drista started crying. "Please! It's scary having my memories gone, don't do this to me!"

Sapnap pulled over and took off his seatbelt. He yanked her into his arms and held her. "I can't...I can't just tell you. Maybe I can help you remember it, but I physically can't get myself to say it." He rubbed Drista's back and let her wipe her face in his shirt.

"How bad is it? What am I forgetting? I'm freaking out!" Drista hated being in the dark about things she had literally experienced.

"Look...let's just...focus on the parking garage. If you remember what happened there, maybe it'll help." Sapnap figured the parking garage incident would be easier for her to handle right now.

"I can't just magically remember things..." Drista mumbled. "Plus...I thought I knew what happened there?"

Sapnap pulled away and put his seatbelt back on. "Let's go to the parking garage and...try to refresh your memory."

-

Once they got to the parking garage, Sapnap let Drista get out and explore on her own with Bruno.

Drista walked around, not entirely sure what she was supposed to remember exactly. She remembered that she fainted on the road, so that's where she went. On the roadside where she fainted and where Tubbo collapsed.

There was still a large bloodstain on the pavement, and she found the rock that she had hit her head on. There was still a streak of her blood on it.

Drista shivered and stared at the obvious bloodstain. Clearly a lot of blood was sitting in that spot. Now she tried to remember who's blood it was. It frightened her to know she was able to forget something so traumatic.

Sapnap was sitting back in his seat, waiting for Drista to be done. She came out of nowhere, opening his door and grabbing his shoulder. "Sapnap! TUBBO, IS HE OKAY?"

Sapnap got out of the car and put his arms around her. She was trembling and struggling to catch up with her breath. "He's okay, deep breaths." Reliving something for the second time must of been awful. Sapnap couldn't imagine it.

"Oh my god, I can't believe I forgot!" Drista felt like the world's worst human. "I need to see him...I need to- oh my god..."

Sapnap kept holding her, because he genuinely thought she was going to collapse from how rapidly she was breathing. "Drista, calm down. He's okay, I'll take you to see him tomorrow."

Drista wasn't hearing anything Sapnap said. All she was hearing was the argument that led up to Tubbo being shot. She felt like it was all happening again. Her mind even convinced her that she was hearing gunshots. Drista screamed, nearly falling to the ground but Sapnap was there to hold her up.

"Shh, okay...let's get in the car." Sapnap tried to walk her to the passenger's side but she simply wouldn't move. She was like a ragdoll as she mentally relived what she saw. Tubbo bleeding out, while his platonic love tried to stop the blood.