Chapter 4 Updated

The gates welcome us with lights. The outer walls are illuminated with the same intense blue light as the lanterns we are holding. The Guards didn't questions who were. They took one look at Paul and let us in. I looked over at Paul, who was acting oddly and becoming increasingly anxious as we approached. Silver, on the other side, seemed excited to be here. We were met by two guards. We walked the bridge across a little river to reach the opposite side. Emma had lovely stone-cobbled streets with ice sickles hanging from the rooftops of each structure, with lights on in every home. It was good to see people! A youngster is playing outside.

Emma did not appear to be particularly harmed by the darkness's damage. They're thriving and rebuilding here. They don't seem to have many deteriorating buildings. Through the vines and white and black roses which were overrunning them. A little river runs through the center of town.

It was remarkable that the river wasn't frozen or overflowed as a result of all the melting ice. The settlement didn't resemble anything from the outside world! A young man wearing clothes in rage stops us in our tracks. He begged if he could read our palms. Before I could respond, Silver called out to me.

"Stay close!" Silver warned, "This is not an area that people shouldn't wander around alone."

I caught up with them. I asked, "Where are we going?

"We are going there," said Paul, pointing at the castle.

I replied, And how are we going to get in there?"

"Paul knows someone there," said Silver.

Before we could reach the castle, we had to cross another bridge over the lake. I stopped to admire the view of a small waterfall running down into the lake.

Silver had also stopped to enjoy the view. The owl still hung out on her shoulder. It looks like Silver is her protector for now. Its wing must still be hurting.

"It's so beautiful here!"

"Yes, it is! It's a shame pirates have run this place into the ground. Come on, we are almost to the castle," said Silver.

We quickly caught up to Paul at the end of the bridge, waiting for us. Just a few miles up the path is a beautiful stone castle. The large iron gates opened up to a beautiful garden. It was strange to see flowers alive. Even the trees had green leaves in some places.

How is it possible that flowers are alive here? I asked. I stopped to smell the yellow roses on the bushes.

"The real question is, how is anything alive here?" asked Silver.

"They say the war started here! These very grounds are protected. Filled with very strong magic." A man appears from behind a rose bush.

Liam!! Shouted Paul. The two embrace each other in a hug.

"He is the groundskeeper; Liam knows his history as well as he remembers this place," said Paul.

Liam leads up to the castle. You could see the damage that was left behind. The beautiful stone walls of the castle had fire damage in some places. Vines wrapped around statues of soldiers who stood frozen in that very place. I quickly learned they were actual humans.

They waited for the curse to be broken in hopes of returning to their loved ones. One day. How do you undo this magic? This curse? You have to be able to understand how dark magic works! to understand to control it it's power! Without it controlling you.

The large, rustic door opens up to a long hallway. Large vases line the Hallway. The colors are so beautiful and perfect, and each flower was arranged just right in the vases. Some slowly lost their shapes as they dried out. It brought a little character to each one.