Chapter nine

*
•Restart our life
_______________________________________

-"Can you trust me for once ?"
He said as he took their hand tight.
They shocked their head and followed him in the house, it wasn't empty but the feeling that they both felt when they got inside was somewhat, empty.

It looked like no one ever lived here or it was a really short time. It was really dark and only a little lamp that was on the ground was lightening up the room.
It was better than nothing. A couch was in the corner of the house with a white blanket that were more golden due to the time.

Nightmare took a book in the old library and looked quickly at the pages while Dream was looking everywhere still confused about why they we're here, it was night and it was cold outside, and this house could break easily.

-"Hum so Nightmare, what are we doing here ?"
Dream asked, starting to feel their body shake due to the weather.

-"Shush I'm trying to search something."
He turn the pages of the book and then yelled "Ha ! Found it." He wasn't the type of person that screamed a lot but whenever he did it, it was from the bottom of his heart.
Dream came next to him and looked up his shoulder to see what he found.

An album with photo, their photos. Nightmare showed Dream the picture that he despitefully found, they were both in it but one was way different. A little girl next to her sibling and behind them was their mother. The girl had long messy hair and a golden crown just like her sibling.

-"Aw look at you Night, you've changed a lot." That short kid weren't a girl but a boy, Nightmare when he was a kid next to his sibling and with his mother. It's true he changed, mentally like physically and he was somewhat fine with it.

-"The only day I liked the positivity I felt was that day, when I told you that I didn't like being a little girl you cutted my hair and it looked like a pure mess."

-"Yes I remember ! It wasn't that bad tough I just messed up a bit but it still did looked good, everything you do, wear, and say is amazing Night." Nightmare rolled his eyes.

-"You are an idiot tough, I swear if you were an haircutters everyone would have the worst haircut ever." Dream smirked as they took the photo in their hands.

-"Hehe, it isn't that bad Night. I was a child of course I wasn't good at cutting hair, remember that after mother cutted your hair more to make it look better ? She wasn't that supportive but at least you had a nice haircut."
Nightmare didn't had good memories or memories at all from his mother.

While Dream wasn't before her death, in good terms with her but it seemed like Nightmare and her relationship was just like his hair, a mess.

-"At least now my hair look good and she or you aren't here to take care of that." Dream laughed as they gave Nightmare the picture.

-"I think it's time we should come back to Science's office." Nightmare sigh as he put the album of photo in his big pocket. He opened the door and let Dream leaves first, he closed the door and then followed them.

It stopped to rain but they still could smell it because of the grass being wet. They walked in the dark and cold silent of this night, hands in pockets, eyes looking at the floor, both didn't know what to say.

-"Hum so Night-
Nightmare looked back at Dream. -Why did you kissed me earlier ? You know huh..."

He looked away trying to search for a lie to say, he sigh. Still looking away, not wanting to look at Dream.

-"What do you think about that ?"
Dream face became red.

-"I don't know ? Ink told me that when you kiss someone it's supposed to show them that you like them ? But I've kissed my friends before so maybe it mean that we are friends and you aren't mad at me anymore." Nightmare laughed at Dream's innocence.

-"Yes..- we are gonna say that it's somewhat that." Dream smiled as he took Nightmare's hand.

-"You don't mind if I take your hand ?"
Nightmare continue to walk, holding tight Dream's hand.

-"Nah I don't care." Dream smiled as they both continue to walk, it looked like at first the road looked really long but then the road of coming back was way faster. They quickly arrived in Science's office, and Dream was right, Science was stressed out thinking that he did a mistake or all of that was a pure dream.

Dream separated Nightmare and their hands to walk next to Science and comfort him. This place was still pretty scary and calm, nothing was scary but the ambiance, being really calm and the walls being the whitest white ever was somewhat creepy.

-"Where have you guys been ?"
Dream looked at Nightmare and had a little smirk on their face.

-"We took a walk, but it doesn't matter we are here now and Nightmare is feeling better."
'You are an idiot.' Nightmare murmured as he sit on the couch in the corridors, it was pretty comfy and bit enough for five person to sit on.

-"Yeah I'm feeling better, can I go now ?"
Science sigh, he looked at the paper in his hand and quickly said.

-"Yes you can but be careful with what you eat or what you do, you still need to heal."
He gets up and started to leave, hands in his pocket. Dream said a quick goodbye to Science than run to follow Nightmare that was already pretty far away from the lost office in this huge forest made of grass and darkness.

Winter was pretty rough in this village, all the tree were covered with white snow just like the grass. Everywhere they were walking, the ground was doing noise, the snow under them was breaking. They continue to walk, Dream was looking at the sky, it was somewhat blue. The darkest blue they have could seen in their 500 years old of life.
From Nightmare point of view, he was looking straight in front of him, his head was completely empty but the only little tough he had was Dream.

An angel, they were always so nice and innocent but still strong whenever people needed help or they had to fight, they would have do everything possible to help. Even giving their own life. Nightmare was somewhat mad about that. He wasn't enough for them, he would never be. Choking his teeth with their, liking is lips, it's what he wanted to do once again. But they we're just "know eachother stranger" and it will always be like that.

Dream would found someone perfect for them, Nightmare will finish lonely with his own tough and his demiromantism.