14.

Raula's POV
Gio has been mad at me since earlier. It was currently 11 at night and I'm pretty sure he wasn't coming to bed with me.
I don't know what I was thinking. Even the thought of him makes me flustered.
I love him and Lily too even though she isn't my biological child. I worry though that Gio doesn't feel the same way.
I know that she is his ex wife. I can see the way he looks at her. I know he still loves her but I can't bring myself to give up Gio.

He is such a good man. Though he hasn't told me much about why they ended. He tenses up whenever I ask so I just stopped asking.
As I finish my skin routine in the bathroom, I hear the click of our bedroom door.

I brace myself as I head into our room.
Gio's hair is wet and he has a towel around his waist letting me know he showered in the guest bathroom. He looks towards me but doesn't say anything as he makes his way to the walk in closet.

I follow him needing him to talk to me.
"Gio, are you not going to talk to me?" I say from the door of the closet.
I observe him as he gets dressed. He was so beautiful.

"I don't feel like talking much" he says and with that he slips on a shirt finally and brushes past me.
"Is this only about Lily or something more? Like that women?" I hear what I said and want to take it back by the look he gave me.

"Raula, don't give me that jealousy bullshit. I haven't done anything to make you feel insecure" Gio says as he sits in bed.

"Do you not see the way you look at her?" I say, frustrated.

"Don't even go there today. I'm tired as hell and have to figure out a way to fix the fucking mess you created." He says as he lays down after turning off the lights. I decide to go to bed because there is nothing I can do.