𝐒𝐈𝐗;

The beach was oddly calming for Kailee. The emergence had begun as a volcano, and now smoke and ash erupted into the sky with the worst still to come. Kailee wasn't Makkari; she couldn't run extremely fast, which meant by the time she had made it to the beach, the other Eternals stood by her side.

Her power had always scared her. While she could see the sins of a person, see who was deemed good by the Earth, and evil, she could also manipulate and bend death to her needs and wants. Alike her fellow Eternals, she was also skilled in fighting, and had better strength and endurance than the regular human, but like Druig with his mind control, Kailee's power was to bring death to those she deemed necessary. She could kill someone, or help keep them alive.

She couldn't, however, bring people back to life. She couldn't have saved Ajak, or Gilgamesh; Ikaris had ensured they were beyond saving. Her power also didn't have to be used for the extreme. She could weaken and strengthen people. She could weaken their power, or help amplify them.

Which is exactly what she did on the beach. The first part of the plan was for Druig to put Tiamut to sleep, and Kailee will forever curse herself for not seeing that Druig would be Ikaris' greatest threat.

It all happened in a matter of seconds, and then they were in the air, Ikaris with his hands around Druig's throat, before the boy, the beautifully broken boy who had all but lost faith in his family, was shot down to the Earth at alarming speeds, an act which should have killed him instance. Makkari screamed out, her voice small but powerful. Kailee's legs went weak, and she fell to the ground involuntarily; this wasn't like Ajak, or finding out about Gilgamesh. Kailee's body, her mind, stopped working momentarily, her mind making her believe that once again, she had lost another friend.

But his light still lived.

It was in the mountain, dying in brightness, but most definitely still alive and kicking. Looking up to see Ikaris still thinking he was safe in the sky, Kailee turned to Makkari. 'Kill the son of the bitch,' She signed.

With tears in her eyes, Makkari nodded. Raising her hands to the sky, Kailee focused all her attention on Druig's light. It was beautiful and broken and mysterious and closed off. It was private, held behind closed doors; he didn't wish for anyone to see his compassion, his kindness, so he hid behind Kailee and Makkari, alongside his sarcasm. Emotions welled in her chest as Kailee felt her magic latch onto Ikaris.

She brought the flying man down without hesitation.

He hit the ground with a distance thud, sand flying everywhere from his landing. Makkari wasted no time avenging her thought to be dead lover, as Kailee nodded to Phastos. "Get Sersi to the Emergence," She called, Phastos starting in disbelief at the chaos which was unfolding in front of his eyes. "She needs to get there, or this is all for nothing!"

He shook his head tearfully. "Druig?" He asked, as the sounds of punches landing on Ikaris' face made up the background noise.

"I'll take care of him," Kailee said, "You take care of her. And her," She pointed first to Makkari, then to Sersi. With a final nod of agreement from Phastos, Kailee made her way to help Druig.

✼ ✼ ✼

Sprite hit the ground, the rock in Druig's hand being caked with blood. "Well," He said bluntly, "That was...very moving". Sersi looked up at both him and Kailee with surprise washed over her face.

As Druig discarded the rock he had used to subdue Sprite, Kailee helped Sersi to her feet. She still clutched the wound Sprite had made. Kailee placed her hands to the area, Sersi moving hers away cautiously, as Kailee's powers began to draw away the blackness which tainted Sersi. In a matter of seconds, her light was restored to its former glory, her wound healed up completely.

"This is your fight now," Druig said. Sersi looked towards Tiamut with fear in her eyes.

"You can do this," Kailee agreed.

There was nothing more they could do; it was entirely up to Sersi now. Their power was connected and ready to be used at any time. Phastos was keeping Ikaris down, though he was beginning to struggle. Thena watched the emergence from the cave, where the Deviant laid against the stone, slain by a girl with a fractured mind. Makkari was waiting for any sign that her lover still breathed.

Despite the circumstances, Kailee couldn't help but smile when Makkari and Druig were reunited. As it appeared, she wasn't the only one who was distracted by their happiness; Phastos looked away from Ikaris momentarily, but that was all he needed to get free.

They were too far away. Makkari could have made it, most certainly, but they were no match against Ikaris, especially not in these conditions. They moved together, the remaining Eternals, their light engulfing Kailee entirely.

"Come on, Sersi," Kailee hummed, her hand clasped in Phastos. "Come on". Thena stood beside her, as Druig and Makkari were behind. He had his arm draped around Makkari's shoulders, while his other hand rested supportively on Kailee's shoulder. They were all waiting for her; waiting for her to tell her the bad news, that Sersi couldn't do it, that Ikaris was more brutal than they could have ever imagined.

A flash of white caught her eye. Tiamut was slowly down, and his golden exterior was turning a beautiful white colour.

"What does this mean?" Thena asked, narrowing her eyes at the changing happening to the Celestial.

"Ikaris hasn't killed her," Phastos answered, a hint of confusion laced in her face, "I don't understand". Kailee turned to Druig, who reluctantly closed his eyes. As he searched for answers in the traitor's mind, another traitor made her appearance known to Kailee.

"I'm sorry," Sprite said, as Kailee sunk to the ground. "I'm so sorry," The younger girl began to sob, falling into the warm, safe embrace of Kailee.

"Sersi is alive," Kailee reported, Druig adding on, "Ikaris couldn't hurt her. His mind wouldn't let him". Kailee looked to her family. The groaning of Tiamut has stopped suddenly. Sersi had done it.

"I always knew we had been underestimating her," Kailee commented.