ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ one

It had been a stunning October night, still warm, with a large yellow moon hanging over the London sky

It had been a stunning October night, still warm, with a large yellow moon hanging over the London sky. There were a few shadowy figures moving around, fellow residents taking the air, everything had been peaceful.

If we didn't count the little cottage of Godric's Hollow though.

James and Lily Potter, a surprisingly young and newly wed couple were having an intense argument. Their one year old son was playing innocently on the living room's floor, while both adults kept firing snarky comments at each other.

Their argument didn't last long though, since the door to their cottage was suddenly burst open, a tall cloaked figure standing by the entrance.

The pair hadn't been quick enough to act.

"Lily, take Harry and go! I'll hold him off for as long as I can!" When James saw Voldemort entering his home, he didn't hesitate to block the man's path.

No, he didn't hesitate to throw himself in between the dark wizard and his wife and child. Even without a wand. Luckily, Lily had swiftly made it upstairs.

"Foolish boy!" Voldemort yelled out, and instead of the jet of green light James was expecting, he was blinded by a fiery red instead. James felt pain surge through his body as he was slammed against a wall roughly from the blast.

Everything had went black before he even hit the ground.

"Harry," She whispered to her son, "You're so loved."Harry Mama loves you, Dada loves you" Tears rolled down her face, the end was near and all she could do has hope for James to return in time to save Harry, or not return until it was all over and that at least James could survive.

"Harry be strong", she continued, "Be brave" She imagined a life in which they were a normal family, in a world with no war, a life where she could see her son grow. "Harry be safe".

As she finished talking the door started to rattle, and she stood up knowing that in seconds Lord Voldemort would enter the room. and thus it wasn't long before the chairs pilled up against the door moved as the door burst open and the dark Lord entered. Lily opened her arms, trying to cover Harry's crib as much as possible.

"Move away you silly girl."

"Not Harry, please no, take me, kill me instead –" Lily was not afraid of dying at that moment, nothing mattered more than Harry, and her life seemed like an insignificant price to pay if it would be to save his.

"This is my last warning –"

"Not Harry! Please ... have mercy ... have mercy ... Not Harry! Not Harry! Please – I'll do anything –" For the first time in her life, Lily Evans begged. It all went unheard though.