ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ two

"Starting tomorrow Harry will become the most famous wizard in the world," James's eyes were injected with fury as Dumbledore spoke

"Starting tomorrow Harry will become the most famous wizard in the world," James's eyes were injected with fury as Dumbledore spoke. "He's the first person that we know of who received a killing curse and survived. He is the one who ended the reign of terror of Lord Voldemort, and for that, all of England is in debt with him. He is now in more danger than he's ever been. Because Voldemort's followers are still out there, and I'm sure they'll want revenge."

The hours that followed Sirius' return to the house in Godric's Hollow were a chaotic blur. Sirius had to almost drag James out of the nursery, and they stayed in the living room. James sat on the sofa and started trying to make Harry fall asleep.

Even though Sirius offered to help, he refused to let go of his son. Sirius immediately took charge and started sending out Patronuses. He sent one to Moody in the Auror's office to inform him of what happened, and soon enough a few Aurors from the Order arrived. He also sent one to Dumbledore, and it didn't take long for the old professor to apparate there.

As Aurors started to fill the living room, Sirius presided while James remained mute on the sofa, looking directly at the now sleep Harry. He indicated the Aurors where to find the nursery, and Dumbledore followed them. Not much later, Dumbledore and Moody came down and asked James to tell them what had happened that night.

James spoke in a soft and pained voice as he told them about how they'd decided to change the secret keeper, how Voldemort barged in their home and killed Lily and how Peter had ended up betraying them.

Dumbledore scheduled the day of the funeral, and left the grieving man alone with his son and his best friend.

It didn't take too long for Remus to join them.

With their wands, the marauders, or what was left of them, started magically fixing the cottage, with James refusing to let go of his son the entire time.

Esmeralda Parker worked at the ministry. Or more precisely, she worked at The Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, which was the second largest department in the Ministry of Magic, coming right after the department of law enforcement (Aurors.). Her department was divided into three separate branches for each type of magical creature: Beast, Being, and Spirit. Other various offices exist within this department for other regulatory purposes, a bit like the misinformation office.

The Department creates laws and regulations, handles complaints, and manages the well-being and concelament of a great many types of creatures.

Because of this, the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures works very hard to hide the magical creatures living in Britain. They do this by establishing safe habitats, guarded by Muggle-Repelling Charms and other magical means. Such areas are patrolled and guarded by wizards (e.g. dragon reservations). The Department also strictly controls the breeding and sale of magical creatures. Additionally, individual wizards are legally required to use Disillusionment Charms to conceal creatures that they own.