Chapter 16: What they did

Harry sat with Draco

"so we need to talk, I want to know if you want me to be your caregiver, I know Fred and George were your caregivers for a while so if you want them i understand"

Harry whimpered

"Do you not want me anymore?"

"no no baby it's not like that! Of course I want you! But I want what's best for you, and that means that we have to be more open, I want you to trust me and I want you to know that I trust you"

Harry looked down, his face going serious

"you want to know about them don't you?"

Draco nodded

"I want to know what they did to you, I want to know why you had a nightmare, I want to know why you didn't tell me you've had an accident before

Harry whimpered and took a deep breath

"I will tell you, but only if you tell me why you were so mean to me at Hogwarts, you bullied me and threatened me for no reason!"

Harry's eyes filled with tears as well as Draco's

"I'm so sorry baby"

Draco sighed

"the day you rejected me hurt my ego a lot, you are the Harry Potter, and I was just..I was just me, and I looked up to you my entire life, and I guess when you said you didn't wanna be my friend it made me sort of resent you, and I'm so sorry for what I did.."

he hugged Harry tight, gently caressing his cheek

"You are perfect just the way you are baby, I was so wrong for treating you the way I did, you didn't deserve it, you didn't deserve any of it, and I promise that I'm going to make up for it, one way or another I'm going to prove to you that I have changed"

Harry broke down into tears, he started to sob, his hugged Draco tight

"Shh baby, don't cry"

Draco gently rubbed his back

"it's m-my turn to tell you about them isn't it?"

"You don't have to if you don't want too"

Harry looked down

"I want to tell you"

"Well im all ears baby, go ahead"

Harry gulped

"w-when I was 3 my uncle and aunt decided that they no longer wanted me but they couldn't just get rid of me they were worried the state would find out if they kicked me out so then made my life a living hell.. I slept in my cupboard under the stairs until I was 6, then they decided I was too freakish to sleep inside the house, s-so T-they..um- they made me sleep outside, and they would chain me to the fence behind the tool shed, and I was forced to cook for them a-and.."

Harry started to choke on his own words

"it's ok baby, slow down, just take a second and then you can continue"

Harry took a deep breath

"t-they hurt me..a l-lot..in a lot of different ways, Dudley tried to stop them from hurting me but even he couldn't stop them, My uncle um...h-he would...um...you know..."

Draco quickly realized what he meant

"Oh baby.."

"I-I was only 7 when he started doing that, and it continued until the day they kicked me out, they day your dad found me and Dudley, it happened just the night before, they would a-also beat me...when Dudley was at school they would kick and punch and slap and you know until an hour before he got home, then they would chain me up behind the shed like a dog.."

Draco's mouth opened in shock

"what else?"

"t-they refused to let anyone know I existed, they had no photos of me, they had no signs of another person in the house besides a toy box labeled "Harry's toys" and it was full of whips, and knives, and handcuffs, and anything else they wanted to use to "punish" me for misbehaving or anything"

"baby that is so horrible! I'm so sorry"

Draco hugs Harry in a tight hug

"Draco...I-I'm sorry I didn't tell you about them sooner, you...you saved me...and I-I'm so thankful that it was you"

"oh baby it's alright"

"you saved me draco, you don't know how grateful o am"

Harry hugged Draco tight, sniffling as he held on tight

"I will protect you"