xxvii. undiscussed and undisclosed

June didn't think she had ever been in love.

She wasn't even sure she knew what being in love was, but she supposed if she had to describe it then she'd base her entire experience on what she felt when she was with Alex. But, to her knowledge, she wasn't in love with him either.

She had love for Kamri, and Lilia, and Charles, and Charlotte, and maybe for Pierre, Lando, and George. She might've had love for Alex too. It was necessary to maintain though, that as of that moment, she was not in love with Alexander Albon.

They'd left not too long after they'd exchanged bracelets and apps, which Seb seemed to expect as he encouraged them to find themselves alone with each other again. She wasn't sure how much Seb, or anybody else for that matter, knew about them, but he seemed to be able to assume enough.

They decided it would've been rude not to leave then after he'd practically begged them too.

The rest of the night went as expected for them, where June found herself in a bubble again. See, when her mother had wrapped her up in the bubble wrap that forced their downfall, it was foreseen lifetimes ago. She never could've predicted she'd be in such a bubble with Alex that she'd be upset to wake up in his bed, only to find a lack of Alex beside her. (Though, she noted, his bed kind of did smell like him, so maybe it wasn't a complete lack...)

She'd already found herself wearing his blue shirt when she woke up, and considering she thought it would be him and only him in his apartment, she saw no reason to get dressed.

She wished she had.

Juniper's luck with the assumptions Lando and George would make had always been very bad. So, considering they were stood at the door talking with a shirtless Alex, who was then joined by June who had so clearly walked out of his bedroom -- the two of them at the door looked like kids at Christmas as their (wrong) realisation dawned.

"Right. Okay. I know what it looks like but I swear to anything you believe in that Alex is still a good virgin." She told them with a nod, which earned her the middle finger from Alex, who now had no reason not to invite them inside.

They laughed collectively, which June could tell Alex was happy about as she walked into the kitchen where he had already started preparing breakfast. Realistically, he'd prepared breakfast for 3 considering the both of them enjoyed the meal, but now it seemed like they were spreading it among at least 5 of them -- depending on how hungry the other two were.

June always tried to be helpful, but it could be deemed that at certain moments, she found herself a little distracted. Lando and George had clearly noticed it too, Alex stood a little closer to her as they continued to prepare breakfast, and with the heat that his body was giving out, Juniper leaned into the warmth and had no intention of moving away.

They'd eventually moved to the dining room, and it felt all over again like she was meeting Alex's family. The setup had felt almost identical though the meal and the company were different. The fact that she had met George and Lando numerous times was irrelevant as long as they suspected something more had happened between her and Alex.

Again, Alex's lingering hand against her back only let the assumption grow more. Juniper also realised after she had kissed his forehead and handed him an envelope before leaving the table that now she had added fuel to the fire too.

Fuel to the fire, she thought, was a phrase that could've been used to describe her at the start of the year. She never would admit that Alex might've calmed her anger without knowing too many times, but it was still the truth. She felt that for the first time, despite her personality being named antagonising since she could remember, it was the only recent time when she had added to a fire.