3

That new girl that everyone loved just because she was pretty was driving Emily insane. At first she thought that maybe they could be friends, but not after what she did today. Who the hell does Alison DiLaurentis think she is? Everyone knows how much Emily hates it when people take her seat so they weren't surprised when she had an argument with Alison. Sure, Emily did overreact, but Alison should've seen that one coming.

Today was already an awful day and to make matters worse she was going to have to work with the new blonde on a stupid English project. Hell, she doesn't even know what this project is about. She's probably just going to do absolutely nothing as she watches Alison do the whole project with a pissed look on her face.

Emily impatiently glanced at her watch and noticed that Alison was already five minutes late. They're supposed get this stupid project over with, but her partner is taking forever. No one has ever been late when it comes to visiting Emily so she was kind of surprised. All of a sudden Emily's phone started ringing. She went digging in her pocket, pulled out her phone, and saw that Mona was calling her. She took a moment to think whether or not she should answer her phone before she finally decided to just pick up her phone because Mona wasn't going to stop calling until she answered her phone.

"What's up, Mona?" Emily somehow managed to say that in a calm voice even though she was annoyed right now and didn't want to talk to anyone.

"Hey, Em! Me and the girls are going to the mall today, do you want to come?" Mona asked.

"Uhh sorry but I can't." Emily replied.

"Come on! We haven't done anything together in such a long time! And plus, everything is on sale!" Mona said with excitement.

"I wish I can, but I have to work on this English project." Most of the times Emily comes up with excuses when she doesn't want to hang out with her friends, but this time she was telling the truth.

"Emily Fields working on a project? Wow, this is a miracle! Usually you just pay someone to do everything for you." Mona said.

"Well, technically I'm just going to watch Alison do everything." Emily told her.

"Wait a minute, Alison as in Alison DiLaurentis?" Mona asked. Ah, shit. Emily forgot to tell her the story.

"Look, we got in a stupid fight-"

"Please don't tell me you did something stupid." Mona interrupted her.

"Just let me finish! After we had the fight Mr. Fitz made us partners for this project, okay?" Emily explained.

"Oh god, just don't do anything that you'll regret later on." Mona said.

"I'm not-" Emily's sentence was cut short because she heard her doorbell ring. Its about damn time she came.

"Earth to Emily? Are you still there?" Mona asked.

"Yeah, sorry I have to go. The bitch is here." Emily said.

"Good luck!" Mona responded before Emily hanged up.

When Emily realized that she was going to have to talk to Alison again the butterflies in her stomach started to grow. She didn't know what it was, but there was something about that girl that made her nervous. It's probably because everyone loves her so much and because of that Emily doesn't get as much attention as she used to. The thought of having Alison become the most popular girl in Rosewood made Emily cringe.

Quickly, Emily ran upstairs and put on some makeup. After that she spayed just the perfect amount of perfume on her body. Everyone has always told her that she was so hot, besides Alison, who said that she wasn't even that pretty. When she said that she tried to ignore it at first, but then she started feeling a little insecure. That's why she had to make sure she looked perfect now, so there's no way Alison wouldn't find her pretty.

As she was staring at herself in the mirror she heard the doorbell ring and this time she decided to go downstairs and answer the door. Her eyes widened as she saw the girl who was standing in front of her. Alison was wearing a short skirt with a denim jacket, while Emily on the other hand was wearing ripped jeans and a dark leather jacket. If anyone looked at these two together in a room they would instantly know that they are complete opposites, but are somehow still alike in many ways.

They both remained quiet. Honestly, none of them knew what to say. The two times Emily has seen Alison she wanted to punch her in the face, but now that they're out of school it feels...different. Maybe it was the fact that Emily caught Alison checking her out or maybe because she realized that the blonde didn't deserve the words Emily said to her. Now that she looks at her she doesn't even know how she had the ability to yell at someone who looks so innocent. Sure, Emily has always thought that Alison was pretty, but it wasn't until now that she saw how beautiful she was.

"So....are you going to let me in?" Alison spoke, breaking the silence. In response, Emily moves to the right so she could give her room to come inside.

"We should probably go to my bedroom.....to work on the project." Emily said and Alison just nodded her head.

Together, they walked up the stairs and went inside of Emily's bedroom, which was a mess. Piles of clothes were scattered on the floor and she forgot to make her bed. Emily jumped on her bed, taking up most of the space, while Alison just awkwardly stood by the door.

"What the hell is this project even about?" Emily asked with her hands behind her head.

"Well, we have to read a book and then explain the characters and how they developed." Alison explained.

"That's it? Seems pretty easy." Emily said.

"What book do you want to choose?" She asked.

"Umm I don't know and nor do I care." Emily replied.

Alison shook her head and said, "I'm going to take a guess and say that you've never read a book in your life."

"Doesn't take a genius to guess that." Emily said.

Alison signed, "I think we should read Great Expectations...it's such an amazing book."

"Sounds lame." Emily said.

"You don't even know what it's about!" Alison yelled.

Emily shrugged her arms and saw that Alison's was starting to get angry because it's obvious that Emily doesn't give a shit about the project. Alison opened up her backpack and pulled out the book that she wanted Emily to read. Instead of sitting on the bed, which is what Emily expected her to do, she took a seat in the floor. Emily took out the cigarette box that was in her pocket and she grabbed a cigarette as Alison was quietly reading the book. She placed it in between her lips and started smoking.

Alison used her hands to take the smoke away from her face and said, "you know that thing can kill you, right?"

Emily shrugged her arms. So what? And why does she even care? She continued smoking until she heard Alison's voice again.

"Oh I see how it is now. Before you had plenty to say to me and now you can't say anything?" Alison asked. Emily stared at her for a while before she turned her head the other way and looked at the wall.

"You're impossible, Fields!" Alison yelled as she stood up and threw the book back in her back.

"Where are you going?" Emily raised an eyebrow.

"I'm going home and you don't have to worry about the project. I'll do it by myself because it's obvious that you're not going to help me." Alison said as she walked out the door and slammed the door shut.

A part of Emily wanted to run downstairs and yell at her for thinking she can just leave like that, but the other part told her to just let it go. Luckily for her, she decided to just pretend as if nothing happened. Once she finished the cigarette she threw it in the garbage and then went back to her bed. She leaned her head against the pillow as she wondered how long it would take until she stopped thinking about Alison.