Chapter 22

"Police are still looking for the electric type lion pokemon, commonly known as a luxray, that killed four people and critically injured several others in downtown Miami, Florida, late Wednesday afternoon in an apparent terrorist attack. Witnesses say that although the pokemon acted alone, there were a number of other pokemon on scene that chose not to retaliate against the electric type's violent actions or provide care to the wounded, instead opting to flee the scene. Local government officials and deputies are asking anyone to come forward if they have any knowledge of the luxray's whereabouts or identity so they can be brought to-"

-----

"-have a small delay on 183 near Burnett caused by a mild fender bender there that seems to have been taken care of already, so traffic should soon be rolling in that area again pretty soon. There's also a multi vehicle pile up on north-bound South-I35 near East Riverside, which unfortunately may take a few hours to clear up, but the big story is all over downtown Austin. It would be easier to list the roads that weren't backed up, particularly on the University of Texas campus, as there are several different protests, presumably about the violent pokemon incidents, that are slowing traffic to a complete standstill. It looks like authorities are attempting to disperse the protesters, but with so many people out on the streets and with the police spread so thinly, there's only so much that they can do to ease the situation, so there doesn't seem to be a specific time table for this to clear up. I'm Richard Sherman and that's your TXDot traf-"

-----

"-growing concerns across the nation as more and more pokemon attacks continue to pop up. I mean, yes, the uh... the um uh- luxray. That was it- in Miami is the obvious one, sure. But what about the less talked about ones in Sacramento? Austin? Omaha? I mean- goodness gracious, even in DC, there were a couple of... I think monkey pokemon that I can't remember the names of-"

"One of em was a simisear."

"What's that?"

"The two monkeys- there were a grass one and a fire one. The fire one was called a simisear."

"Ah yes, that's right. Simisear was one of em. I forget the other one, though. It wasn't simihedge, or whatever the other grass one related to it was. It was a completely separate one. A couple of them got into some sort of fight with a store owner and ended up beating him half to death after repeated attacks towards him."

"Also as an aside real quick, don't you feel so stupid saying some of these names?"

"Hahaha, yea, even when my son was growing up, I never got used to it. He was into Digimon as a kid. Kept on saying over and over again that his favorite was aquamon or something like that, and I could never wrap my head around anything he was talking about because it just seems so juvenile-"

"Well now let's be fair, he was a kid. It's normal for him to be into something like that growing up, right?"

"Right, right. And that's not a bad thing. Lots of kids his age are into monsters and magic and the like. So you know, I can definitely see the appeal for someone of his age when he was into it, but I'm obviously not, so..."

"Just flashes you back to those times of being completely lost every time you hear one of those pokemon names, huh?"

"Heh, unfortunately."

"Yea, I don't blame ya. Anyway, went off topic for a moment. The point my partner is making is that these pokemon are dangerous. They're violent. And that attack in Miami? It's not an isolated incident. Sooner or later someone's gonna have to draw the line for these pokemon and-"