1

"Dude, get up."  A piercing alarm rings through your mind. Sitting up in your bed, realizing half the sheets fell onto the floor, you tilt your head slightly upwards and find yourself being towered over by Eli. "Mind getting out of my room?" You retorted. "Yeah dip-wad, I wouldn't have walked in here if you would've woken up on time." "What?" "Check the time asshole." He shouted making his way out of the door and down the hall. Cranking your head to your nightstand, you rubbed your eyes to make out the numbers on the alarm. /6:50/  absolutely fantastic. School started at 7:15, 7:30 being when first hour starts. Thank the gods you were finally able to switch over to actually going to school, rather than sitting around all day being homeschooled. Swinging your legs from off your bed and planting them on the floor, you made your way out of your room into the kitchen.

    "Any food?" "When have I ever made you breakfast." "Fair point" "I know, that's why I said it" "Someone's cranky" Eli turned his head over his shoulder to look back at you, just to be able to mock your words. Stumbling over to the cabinets, trying not to let the sun completely deteriorate your eyes, you reached for a bowl and the last of the cereal you guys had. "We're gonna need more food if ya don't mind good sir" "Yeah, I know. I'll probably run by the store sometime soon." "Thanks Eli. Sucks mom and dad are never around, but at least I've got you." "Ew, don't get soppy on me, it's too early. Thanks though, I'm always here for you" "Pretty sure it's sappy" "What" "Sappy, not soppy" "To think you were nice for a second" "I was. For that one second, at least" You smiled and laughed with him as he passed you over some milk. He rustled through the silverware and tossed you a spoon as well. After a while of side conversation and hastily shoving cold cereal down your throat, you headed back to you room to throw on some clothes. It was your first day at this "West Valley" school, new people, new impressions, but you still couldn't give half a shit. You grabbed some sweat pants and an oversized t-shirt that was handed down, and you honestly couldn't tell if the graphic on it was supposed to be faded or not. Slipping the clothes on along with some socks, you and your brother shouted from opposite ends of the house discussing whether you would walk to school or need a ride. Considering the numbers on the clock now read /7:10/ you were definitley going to take up a painful ride with your brother. To be fair, the highschool was right next to mine. The fact that you're so close to being a highschooler, pretty much only a semester left of school, was pretty cool. Finally, being able to ditch the "eight grade" and just saying "highschooler" was significantly less humiliating.

    "Jesus christ, could you take any longer?" "I can if you want me to" "Just get out here already" being late on your first day was something you weren't trying to achieve, but dressing up couldn't have less importance to you. Slinging your bookbag over your shoulder and practically being shoved out of the house, the cool air hit and the car started up.

                                                                                       / - / -/ -/ - /

    Inside the school was significantly different than imagined. First off, it was so much smaller, and second off, nothing, and I mean nothing like movies made it out to be. You wandered around, having 4 minutes to spare and glancing at your schedule once more. Not being a complete idiot, you managed your way around turns and halls and crowds of people and found your first hour. Gym. It wasn't insanely hard to miss since it had to giant double doors leading up to it and large letters above it spelling out G Y M in blue, as if the giant empty court inside wasn't enough to let you know. You walked in, two minutes before the bell to ask the teacher about seating so it wouldn't be awkward. He said it didn't really matter much, since most of the time we would be off of the bleachers anyways, so you made yourself comfortable towards the top, letting your bag hit fall onto the floor beneath you. It was nicer being towards the top, no one was staring at your back, and no one could stare at your phone. A nice sense of privacy, I guess. You pushed your headphones into your ears and leaned into the back of the bleachers to get comfortable as you just kind of took in the surrounding area for the next two minutes. People started to fill in about a minute before the bell was to ring, coming in sometimes in big groups that would sit by eachother, small groups who would, and just two or so people who would sit an awkward distance from eachother. a whole row in front of you was empty, and you were taking a guess the last people in the gym were gonna fill it in. You was wrong, they were close to being last but not quite. They all headed up towards me, took a glance and quickly sat down. The coach made an effort to talk pretty loudly, as expected. "These spots you're in now will be where you sit for the semester, I'm only doing this because it's easier for attendance and we won't be on them much anyway" murmuring broke out, but only for few seconds before the teacher began again. "Take this time to get to know some of those around you, today we won't be doing all that much other than a bit of basketball and maybe a few ice breakers" everyone groaned at that, which you didn't blame them for.