3

Today was one of the days where you had only classes 1, 3, 5, and 7. Meaning that during the ten minutes you had left before you needed to get to first block was probably going to be the only time you weren't being given homework. Other than gym, the classes you had were Math, History and also French, so a little amount of homework was not something to be expected. You sat in the commons area waiting for the two-minute warning bell to ring, just working on the little homework you needed to get done from the other day. "Rain" Thompson dragged out the nickname. You glanced up, scanning the area as your eyes landed on Anthony and his group. "Oh, hey guys" you made more space for the seat you were sitting on, Anthony taking a seat next to you and Thompson and Slade made themselves comfortable on the next seat. "What're you working on?" Anthony nudged your arm and sat up straight to get a glimpse. "Just some leftover work" "Wow, didn't even finish your homework?" "Oh yeah, and you've finished yours?" they all let out a small laugh at your comment. "Yeah, okay you're right on that one. It's like you took a 'Rain Check' on your homework" he paused as if it was one of the best jokes he'd ever made. "That was the corniest shit I've ever heard you say" "Yeah, okay 'Slade' like you're talking" "I'll have you know I am very hilarious" "Maybe if we're talking about false realities" "Oh screw you" Thompson gave him a punch in the arm as we all chuckled at his stupidity. Having lost track of time completely, the two-minute bell rang followed by Thompson and Slade slinging only one of their bookbag straps over their shoulders and racing eachother to gym. You had started quickly shoving all your stuff into your bag as Anthony stayed back to help you with some of the small stuff. Luckily gym wasn't far away, so you'd still be on time. "Thanks Ant" "Oh, yeah it's no biggie" "Hah. 'Biggie'. You sound like a dad" "Oh screw you then" He joked as he began to walk away. You followed the same motion Thompson and Slade had previously done and picked up your pace, so you were now walking quicker than Anthony, as well as several others in the hallway. You walked into gym and dashed up the bleachers to where you had previously sat, with Anthony following slightly slower behind you. "Damn Ant, you should really step up your pace" "I'm gonna kill you dude" "Alright, let me know when you will" They bickered. The teacher gave an easy run down of the class, and everyone grouped into the same teams as last class to do another round of basketball. With your back turned, Anthony gave a sour and upsetting look when he saw you running up to Kenny in such a friendly manner. He was jealous, but he didn't register that yet, although his friends most definitley did. "Damn, he's Mr. Steal-yo-girl but for real" "Yeah dude, look at 'em" "Alright, screw off guys. She's not 'my girl' and Kenny hasn't done anything wrong." "Yeah alright man" for now, the topic had been dropped between the three boys, as you and your team prepared to face the rest of gym with giving yourselves the new nickname of: "The Best Team Ever". So original and so very true.

    You were on your way to your next class, math, and you were thinking of how bad the class was actually going to be. It wasn't a quiet class, but it wasn't really loud either. You had sat next to a girl named Ria, who seemed very funny. She had straight dark brown hair and some light freckles. Her eyes matched her hair and her style consisted of mainly earth tones. She was smart, too. You were going to make an effort to talk to her today, and hopefully become friends, because you could use some other than the odd group of guys. You walked in, set your stuff down and propped your bag up against the leg of your desk. The teacher was preparing the board and lesson for today, and thankfully it was just some light stuff followed by around 8 homework questions, which was really nice. You felt the familiar presence of Ria setting her stuff down beside you. "Did you see the homework? It's actually so much better than what I expected" "Huh?" she took a glance up at the board and then faced you with a light smile "Oh god, you're so right what the hell? I was expecting so much more since it's a newer topic" "I know right? But hey, I'm not complaining" "Yeah. You're (y/n), right?" "Yeah, I am. Most of the people I know tend to lean towards Rain as a nickname" "Dude, it's like Rain and Ria" "Holy shit I didn't even think of that, that's actually so cool" You both laughed, and you were glad to see your social skills actually pay off. The teacher began to talk about the new topic, and everyone started to pull out their pencils in the same routine order as Mrs.Laynd walked around to hand out the notes for today. You and Ria had both received the notes and homework and let out a collective 'eugh' in disgust, even though you were pretty confident in the fact that it would be easy once you learned more about it. "I hate this class" although you didn't really think that, you also didnt really think that having no friends was a better option, "Yeah, I get that. It seems so much longer than the rest" "I know right?"  Soon enough, the class came to an end and you were slightly sad for once, having to part ways with Ria, but at least you left with her snap for future projects and just to hang out. Stumbling around the hallways with a slightly more familiarity to it now, you found your way to History.

    Walking in and seeing both Anthony and Thompson were a relief, because you knew it was going to be a less awkward and excruciating to make friends two classes in a row. you walked back to the part of the room they were in and grabbed the straps of your bag before leaning in to their headspace, "Hey, can we just pick seats?" "Yeah, but you can't sit here" "Oh yeah, sorry this seat taken" they smiled. "Screw you guys" and you took the seat next to Anthony with only one more open seat next to yours. Sinking down into your seat and messing around on your phone, you took general note of the few people still entering class, with a minute left to spare. Someone had abruptly entered the seat next to you, which you weren't all too fond of the way they loudly slammed their backpack to meet with the floor. The teacher began to call attendance and everyone had raised their hands. After she called out Thompson's name and people made slight commentary, like chanting his name, the teacher began again "Continuing the back row we have... Anthony?" "Here" "And then (y/n)?" "Here" "Then finally we have Jaxon?" "Here" and she set her clip board down to sit at her desk. I turned to the only familiar faces in my row and we all collectively shared input. "I swear if she gives us work already" "Dude I'll lose it, swear" "I'm gonna go blind trying to see from back here" "We'll help you out" "Yeah" "Yeah?" "Yeah" "Yeah!" "Thompson, don't you need glasses too?" "Yeah..." his change in tone when he replied made us all put our best efforts into not bursting into a fit of laughter. The row in front of you was blabbing about some poor kid who got ambushed at the park, you figured he may have deserved it but after eaves dropping more, the ambushers just seemed like assholes. "Have a pen I can borrow?" "What? Yeah sure" You reached for a pen to hand to Jaxon and he took it without a mere thank you. If anything, you'd bet he was one of the assholes. He scribbles something on a torn piece of paper and slid it to you, along with the pen before pulling out a pen of his own. You glanced down and he gave you, his number. As subtly as you could, you turned to face Anthony and Thompson and spoke in a quieter tone. "Pause" "Rubbed off on you" "Shut the shit up" "What does that even-" "Dude I don't want to sit here-" The teacher cut you off and out of pure fear, you three sat facing her as she continued explaining the lesson. 

      You could feel Jaxon's eyes carving into your whole entire soul, literally like one of those babies that just doesn't know what blinking is. It probably wasn't that severe, but it wasn't the most comfortable feeling in the entire world. You nudged Anthony, pleading for some form of help he couldn't even give you. He glanced at you with worried eyes, and you replied with scared ones. Thank God he picked up, but he had no idea what to do. He returned to paying attention while you tried your best to, and Jaxon didn't. You nudged him again, with Jaxon's noticeable glances increasing and Anthony sat up straighter, about to hopefully offer something up. He took off his hoodie and passed it to you, searching for confirmation if that would help in some way. You were slightly taken back, and your cheeks slightly reddened, and your heartbeat slightly went up. Confused and relieved, you put the hoodie on and crossed your arms, hoping it might keep the feelings in. There was going to be a lot to figure out how you actually felt towards him. Not even a few seconds ago he was nothing more than a friendly figure, but now? What the hell happened just now?