Brooke

I don't care to explain that I faked having to go to the office to push them together because, we all know that that was what I had in mind. Anyways, when I came back, I might have overheard Jacob-Jake- telling Aiden to keep me here, then Jake ran off. Into the distance, and straight into the door. A minute after he left, I came out of hiding.

"Where's Jake? Did you ditch him already?" I asked him. I also almost called him Jacob.

"He said he had to stop his dad, Mark, from making the biggest mistake. He also said that either you or his dad lied to him about where you were from. And he knew about your parents. What's going on? I know something's going on between you two, you're to chummy to have just met."

It hasn't even been a day, and someone's already questioning it. "I knew him as a little girl. He was the first person who learned about my parents. I waited until his last day to tell him so that he couldn't do anything. I hadn't planned to tell him, but he kept asking every day. I'd want to run, and he wouldn't let me cause of my broken bones. My family has never wanted me, and only two people have noticed the pain they inflicted and asked about it. The stuff Jake and I have been talking about were each of us trying to figure out if it was the other person. We would watch Agent Carter at his father's house, and he started calling me 'Agent Carter' or 'Agent' when he saw me. I started calling him... Jarvis. He was always there for me... until he stopped coming back." I had forgotten about our nicknames and the fun we used to have.

"So you guys were close?" Oh, yeah, he's jealous.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that. He didn't say 'bloody' a lot back then though."

"How'd you guys meet?"

"I tripped while I was walking to ER. I had a broken ankle so I shouldn't have been walking, but my stepmom wasn't going to drive me so I walked. People walked around me not really caring, but Jake, Jake ran from his father and helped me up. When he saw I couldn't really walk, he begged his dad to take me to the ER. I never saw Jake's father again, but I saw Jake almost every day every summer after that until I was thirteen. I saw him every summer for eight summers."

"But that means you would have been five years old. Wait, you have a stepmom?"

"I was told my mom died when I was one, but I'm fairly certain my parents just got divorced and dad didn't want to tell me. I was able to track her down, and I even met her. Her name was Elizabeth, my stepmom's name is Calista. I don't know why though, because that means-"

"Most beautiful." He cut me off!!

"It's not for lack of trying on her part though. She tried everything humanly possible to become the most beautiful. I'm like Cinderella, Snow White, and Mulan all together. Cinderella because I've got a wicked stepmother. Snow White because the Evil Queen wants to kill me. And Mulan because I still put up a fight. Enough about my complaining though. I need to go after Jake."

He blocked my way and said, "Jake told me to keep you here."

"Yeah, well Jake is an idiot who doesn't know he needs help until an hour after he receives it. Besides, you can't stop me. I don't need two arms to defeat a puny person like you." *internal groan* If you're trying to keep a low profile, that is not the way to do it. For normal people, you would think he was a giant. I'm a spy though. I take "giants" down every day, no problem. How is it possible for me to hide my secrets and existence from everyone but him?

"That's big talk coming from a little nerd," a voice said. I knew I shouldn't have trusted Aiden. I knew who was speaking and, as much as I hated him, I wanted him to try to hurt me so I could punch him.