Chapter 12 - St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries

St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries

Harry awoke the next morning in a common room armchair with Ginny curled up in his lap, her head buried in his neck and a blanket over them both. On the couch across from them Ron and Hermione were laying together with Ron's arms around her. They were all still in their dress robes, he noticed, blinking away the bright light shining down upon his face through the frosted window.

Harry moved his arm slightly and Ginny awoke with a start.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I didn't mean to wake you."

She yawned widely and sat up, looking around, slightly confused.

"We fell asleep here last ni–i–ght?" Ginny said, failing to stifle back a yawn.

"By the looks of it."

"Aww...that's kinda cute," she said, pointing to Ron and Hermione. "If you get past the fact that my brother is an ugly bigot."

"Go pack," Harry whispered in her ear.

"Why? Where are we–," She gasped, "To see Teddy? I can come?"

"Of course."

She jumped up. "Then we can meet Ron and Hermione back at the Burrow and maybe make it for Christmas dinner tonight!"

She gasped, staring at Harry, as though hit by a sudden thought.

"What?" Harry asked.

She jumped into his arms and kissed him fiercely, her hands pressed to either side of his face, her tongue trailing his bottom lip. After several moments she pulled away. They stared at each other for a timeless moment, trying to control their breathing.

"Not that I didn't like it or anything," Harry said breathlessly, grinning. "But what was that for?"

"Your Christmas present. I didn't get you one–since, well–"

Harry pulled her close and kissed her again.

"You forgot, too?" she asked, laughing.

"I wanted to, but I thought–"

Ginny nodded. "I'll pack quick!"

She lifted her skirts up to her thighs so she could run up the stairs to the girl's dormitories. While Harry went up to the boy's.

He threw his things into the trunk and slammed the lid. Neville awoke with a start, sitting bolt upright in his bed. "NOT THE SLUGS!" he yelled frantically, looking around wildly.

"Happy Christmas, Neville! Have some Frogs!" Harry threw a pile of Chocolate Frogs at a befuddled Neville, who was rubbing his eyes with his fists. "See you after holiday!" Harry called. "Locomotor trunk!" he said pointing his wand as he made his way down the stairs.

Ginny was already there, talking to Hermione who looked disgruntled and out of place as she leaned back against Ron who was laying on his back, his mouth open wide and snoring loudly. Harry thought he saw a tiny bit of drool hanging at the corner of his mouth and he smirked.

"So, we'll meet you at the Burrow, alright?" Ginny was saying.

"Alright. Merry Christmas, Harry! See you later," Hermione said as both Harry and Ginny climbed through the portrait hole.

"So how're we getting there, anyway?" Ginny asked as they walked down the deserted corridors, holding their trunks in front of them.

"McGonagall's office. She'll let us Floo, won't she?"