Chapter one: Nothing

*1 year before*

"Lapis pay attention!" A crew member yelled as Lapis fought off her opponent. She arm locked the young boy in her grasp. Giving her enough time to swift kick his feet and drop him on the ground. As then she wrapped her arms around his face and aggressively snapped his neck with a blank expression.

She walked over the limp body and retrieved his gun. Checking for bullets only to find four loaded. "You were a bad shooter weren't you?" she snickered as she pocketed the gun and walked towards her partner that was still trying to finish off his opponent. Lapis rolled her eyes as in disgust of all people I could get stuck with the one guy who takes the longest to kill.

Lapis took a pocket knife out of her leather knee high boots and watched as the crew member struggled. She came from behind her partners opponent and slashed the back of head. Blood gushed out of the man's head as Lapis pulled her knife out.

"I thought you had it under control" she smeared the boy who was looking up at her. "S-sorry" he answered.
"C'mon Leslie go grab the bag and we're out of here" she blankly spoke as the boy hurried.
"What now?" He asked.
"We get the fuck out before anyone sees" Lapis said as she walked towards the opened door. They walked back to Blue Daimond's headquarters.

Lapis had already cleaned up the blood that spat on her face. Though she wasn't too happy about her favourite blue shirt having to be thrown away.

"Lapis? Are you ready?" Leslie asked behind the girls closed door. "Yeah" she responded as she walked out grabbing the black duffle bag out of his arms.

They both walked to an elevator hitting the largest number 133. After a minute or two the metal doors opened to a woman who was surrounded by buff men. She wore a loose dark blue blouse, with black loose pants and high black heels. Leslie seemed to be nervous, but Lapis not so much.

"We got what you asked" Lapis said as she walked towards the woman with Leslie right behind. "You pulled it off again?" The woman spoke as she stood up to meet with Lapis before she reached her chair. "It was easier, I believe they have new recruits on watch" Lapis said as she set down the duffle bag on the ground to uncover the object inside.

"I knew I could depend on you" the woman spoke again.
"Anything for you Ms.Blue" Lapis said as she unzipped the bag to reveal a shining pink sword made entirely out of diamonds. Ms.Blue's had a smile growing across her face as Lapis gave the sword to her with delicacy. Ms.Blue took the sword, thanking Lapis and Leslie for their work.

"You may go now" Ms.Blue said with a small bow and a delicate smile after.
"Wait" Lapis said as she stuck her hands in her pockets.
"Yes?" Ms.Blue asked as she gave out her sword to one of the buff men behind her to put it away. "I'm turning in to an early retirement Ms.Blue" Lapis said as she looked at Blue who was now facing her back towards Lapis in complete shock.

"Y-you what?" She stuttered as she turned around to face Lapis almost in tears. "WHY?" she shockly shouted. "I'm getting tired of this, and it's about time I leave the nest.. Mom." Lapis voice became more sorrowful. She looked at her mother with caring eyes and soft smile.

"Crystal Gems College courses are starting soon, and I'm trying to be an art major not a major criminal." Lapis never left her mother's gaze. Blue could do no more but accept her daughters wishes. "Just keep in contact" Blue said.

"I will"

*End of flashback, Present time*

Lapis was now a Sophomore at Crystal Gem College. She decided to dorm there as well thinking it would be easier and she believe it was better for a start of an independent life. Though Lapis never really talked to much people. Only a group of girls and a couple of guys(Though blue doesn't need know about the guys yet).

Stuck in a classroom for a piece of paper, but she only did it because she wanted to start her life and not be stuck being a hitman for the most of it.

"Lapis, can you tell us the difference between the Male and Female body shapes" her Professor asked. Lapis looked over to the overly buffed up teacher who seemed to be in her late 30s at least. "Females have a more wavy features toward the hip, as for Males have a more stiff feature that takes up more detailing time" Lapis responded as she looked out at the window once again to watch the cars pass by. "Thank you Ms.Lazuli, Please stay with the us."

After the two hour long lecture it was finally break. Lapis walked out of the wooden doors and straight towards the Cafeteria area. She decided to buy a BLT(Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato) sandwich, Sour cream chips and a bottle of water after she paid for her food she looked around for empty tables.

"Lapis! Lapis over here!" A young boy called out. "Steven!" Lapis said with a big smile and walking over. "Heyyy" Steven said as he overly waved towards the bluenette.

Steven was a freshman in college he took the Psychology courses because he was always good at those "emotional support" towards people.

She sat down next to Steven and saw Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst and Fluorite. "Hey everyone" Lapis said with a small wave. They all said their greetings and ate the food they have bought.

They all had some kind of drama going on, but Lapis really minded to herself more. She just listened to her music through her wired earphones. Though to not be rude she left one side out of her ear incase the gang wanted to talk to her for who knows what.

"Oh! Did you guys hear, there's a new girl in the Chemistry class." Steven said aloud catching Lapis's attention in an instant. "Really? Have you seen her yet?" She asked as she took a chip from her chip bag and took a good chomp out of it.

"Yeah actually! On the way here. She doesn't talk much and likes to just mend to herself a lot. You can easily tell. But I think she'd be good friends with you Lapis." Steven said as he made a quirky smile and talked with his hamburger in his hand almost splatting himself.

Lapis punched his shoulder and snorted "oh god steven, But I might "bump" into her sometime who knows?" Lapis said with bunny ear fingers as she chuckled.
Everyone laughed along as they finished their food and headed to class.

Lapis walked to her dorm room and unlocked the door. There wasn't much to look at, just an opened window and two beds on each side of the wall. Kind of like an asylum but more nicer with the green and blue striped walls. She dropped her things by her bed and plopped on a messy bed that was unmade.

Drifting off to sleep Lapis hears a knock at her door, and angrily gets up to answer whoever was bothering her sleep.

"Hey"