Privilege

~Because beauty is a privilege, a weapon, beauty is everything. Beauty conquers all.

Its a SM thing. When Yoo Jimin was first requited, it was because of her beauty, not her talent. She learned that from the CEO himself.

"Thank you for seeing my potential, sir. "

"Oh, sweetheart now dont flatter yourself too much, okay? If it wasn't because of your beautiful face, I wouldn't even bat an eye on you. "

It was harsh. But she know better than to fight back. Its her dream for becoming an idol after all. She wouldn't let her bratty self ruin that for her. So she swallowed the scream she's dying to let out and muttered;

"Yes, sir. "

It was years ago when Yoo Jimin participated in a talent competition in which she worked very hard on. She sang, danced and even rapped. She thought her performance was perfect,because it was. But of course,there are people far better than her. She still remember the hardships she's been through only to be placed at the fifth place. She cried for days and only stopped when she received an e-mail from the SM ENTERTAINMENT itself.

*TO: YOO JIMIN
FROM: SM ENTERTAINMENT

Congratulation,Miss Yoo Jimin! You have earned yourself a place as a trainee in our company. You will receive a tour around the company and start your training this Sunday. Fee is not included. *

She thought it was a scam. So she ignored the e-mail. Imagine the shock she had when the CEO himself visited her humble home.

"Dear Mr and Mrs Yoo. Your daughter has so many potential and a bright future ahead of her. That's why I'm willing to go all the way here just to give her the chance to make her dream come true."

What a liar.

It was five years since she trained and she slowly see the true colour behind the famous 'Godfather of SM artists'

"You see, Jimin. Beauty is a privilege, a weapon, beauty is everything. Beauty conquers all."

It's true. No matter how much Jimin tries to deny it, what he said was the truth. She have trained for five years, for God's sake. She have seen how the 'ugly' ones got treated and how beautiful girl like her always have her ways to get anything she wants. It's cruel, but not a lie. Definitely not a lie.

"You see, most of the artists here were chosen because of their visual. It's our top priority, talent comes next. "

She wanted to cry. All of the hardships, the time, she sacrificed to perfect her singing rapping and dancing skills is a waste because no one's looking. All they can see is a pretty face. But she know this. She always know this no matter how many time she try to prove to people that she's more than just a pretty face. Her beauty is her strongest asset.

"You're very lucky, you know? I kept you here for five years and today is the day I announce to you that you will be a member of our new girl group, Aespa."

Yoo Jimin is beyond speechless. It's a dream come true. But instead of jumping and laughing in excitement, she ended up being silent. She couldn't help but wonder why? Why can't she be happy about it? She's debuting, it's her dream, right?

"Arent you happy? You will be their leader and the center and your stage name will be Karina. Pretty great name, right? You will meet other members soon."

Still Jimin can't feel anything.

" Oh, right! Now I know why. It must be because you're not given the visual title isn't it? Well, the visual position will be given to Kim Minjeong or Winter once debuted, but everyone knows your beauty will take the world by storm. You're our golden face after all"

There it is. The bomb. It's always about her beauty. Never about the fact that she improves a lot in all her skills. She cracked a not so genuine smile.

"Thank you, PD nim. "

As she was about to head out, another person coming in. A woman. An ethereal woman.

"Irene sunbaenim. " Jimin bowed repeatedly. In front of her stood the Goddess, a forced smile on her face.

"Ahh, our superstar! Here, take a seat. " CEO, Lee Soo Man offered a seat beside him.

"Why am I summoned here, PD nim? "

"I want you to meet Yoo Jimin, which will be Karina soon since she's in the debut line of my new girl group, Aespa."

"Nice to meet you, Karina" Irene held her hand out.

"Nice to meet you too, Irene unnie. " Jimin grabs her hand in a handshake. It was cold like an ice.

"Irene sunbaenim is fine. " But her eyes are way colder.

" From today on, Karina will be the next Irene. I want you to train her to perfection so she will do well in her upcoming debut. So make sure you taught her everything Taeyeon thought you before, got it. "

"I will, PD nim. " Jimin can see the insincere in Irene's forced smile. Her grip on the dress she wore that day is too strong that Jimin scared it will be ripped apart. Her eyes. Gosh. If looks could kill, Jimin will be dead now.

'The next Irene.'

Sounds pleasant in her ears.