Friends?

Tw- small talk about alcohol (I don't really know if I need to but just in case)

It was a normal Saturday for a boy named Will, Wilbur soot. Wilbur was a 5 year old boy living with his divorced dad.  After her turned 4 his parents divorced, he never really saw his mom and his dad was an alcoholic. He learned to take care of himself at  a young age and sort of became a parent to his dad, taking care of the house, his dad and himself. He never really had friends. He was a loner at school and nobody liked or talked to him. But that all changed this morning.

"WILBUR." His dad yelled while walking up to his door.  " It's only 8am what does he want?" Wilbur thought getting out of bed to open the door. As soon as I opened the door my dad was standing there with a smile on his face.  " Get ready soon, we have a big day ahead of us." He had never been this happy before. I wonder what's going on.

But I followed his orders and went to the bathroom. I got in the shower and started doing the normal things you do in a shower. After I was done I got changed into new clothes, then I brushed my hair and teeth and walked into the kitchen. Old 90s music was playing and I saw my dad by the stove he was making bacon and toast. I go sit at the table and turn to my dad. " Why are you so happy this morning." " Well son." My dad says  giving me my plate of fresh bacon and toast. " My coworker just gave birth and we are going to see her today."

I knew damn well that my dad was dating her but I didn't say anything. As I finished my breakfast me and my dad headed to the car. I got into the backseat and my dad got into the driver seat and we were on the way. After some time the cat stoped. " We're here." My dad said. We got out of the car and walked into the hospital. We walked up to the reception desk and there was a nice lady sitting by a computer.

"Hello, how may I help you?" "Hello." My dad said, "  I would like to visit Clara Simons." "Okay sir, she is on the third floor. Room 205." My dad said thank you and we went to the elevator and pressed the third floor button. Once the elevator stopped at the third floor we walked until we saw room 205.

My dad knocked on the door then a nurse answered. " Hello" my dad said " We would like to visit Clara Simons." He said while fidgeting his fingers. " One second." The nurse said while closing the door. A few seconds later the nurse opened the door and motioned is to come inside. When we walked in I saw this girl probably around 23 or 24. That girl was holding a baby wrapped in a blue and white blanket. She was rocking the child back and fourth. The girl I think was named Clara looked up at us. Then I saw my dad walk up to her and hug her and exchange a few words.

"Come here Will." My dad said, patting the hospital bed. I walked up to Clara and sat on the bed. " Do you want to hold him?" My dad asked me. I said yes and my dad gave back the child to Clara and positioned my arms in a way so I wouldn't hurt the newborn. Then Clara put the newborn in my arms. "Be careful." She said her voice sounding tired. Probably because she just gave birth to a child. I held him looking him in the eyes. " What is his name?" I asked. "Tommy." Clara said. After a while I gave Tommy back to Clara. After a while just sitting and chatting in the room we left the hospital. I didn't know he would slowly become my new friend.

693 words