thank you

Wednesday. 02. February. 2022.

Hello, my lovelies. If you decided to read this (or even skim it) then thank you very much! More importantly, however, I'd like to thank you for reading and supporting Pride & Joy, especially for my lovely readers who interacted with me through voting and commenting! Seeing you enjoy this story and letting me know your thoughts and feelings as you read makes me happier than you know.

I can't begin to truly express how grateful I am that you have supported me, but please know that all encouragement, love and constructive criticism is so massively and endlessly appreciated. I cannot begin to thank you enough for sticking by both me as a writer, and Nate and Denver.

Their story means so much and has massively impacted me. I can only hope that you feel the same way.

They are both so important to me and I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to be able to explore and build them alongside you. They offered me a kind of therapeutic support, especially in terms of grief, loss and acceptance, and I never knew how deeply they would affect me when I began writing. I hope that you were able to form a connection to Nate and Denver, and their bond, in a similar way that I did :')

Originally, this story was only supposed to be very short but the love that I developed for it expanded beyond my expectations and I couldn't resist the urge to develop it into something else. Truly, this story crafted its own identity and I'm sure that in a few years I'll look back and won't be all that impressed by it but it certainly challenged me with where I am as a writer currently.

Throughout, I used a lot of figurative language because I love poetic approaches to writing and that's definitely what I tried to incorporate here. Of course, I cannot objectively say how well it was done but right now I am in a position where I am pleased with it. I hope you feel the same way, but if there's anything you'd like to critique or offer as a note then I would love to hear it! All I ask is that you be polite, thank you!

Anyway, thank you very much for everyone still here! I would love to know your final thoughts and I would love to know how you feel about Denver and Nate :') And if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

I have similar works published on my profile listed below. If you'd like to keep supporting me and my writing then feel free to check them out. Sun Kissed and Cause for Concern are both completed but SK is a lot shorter and easier to read!

The earliest chapters of Third Time's A Charm are currently being written and developed so if you're looking for something ongoing (starting Feb. 22) then I'd love to see you there!

Truly, thank you all. All of my love,
Alex <3

OTHER WORKS
i. Sun Kissed ( 2021)
A short story about two teenage boys who work together an ice cream store and fall in love over the course of the summer.

ii. Cause for Concern (2021)
A YA novel about a teenage boy trying to right all of his wrongs and move forward as he lets go of the past and embraces the future.

iii. Third Time's A Charm (2022)
Two boys with a very messy history decide to give each other one more chance.

iv. Love Thy Neighbor (2022)
Blake Collins moves in next door and Luca Mendoza's world turns upside down.

v. The Best of Us (2022)
Seventeen year old Tucker Bailey's life is spiraling out of control and he wants to take it back. But the road ahead is a long one, and if Tucker takes a wrong turn then he doesn't just risk losing himself. He risks losing everything.