Laika Ship #1 (Normanline)

Norman Babcock x Coraline Jones

I was interested after I found out first off, that the same people who made ParaNorman also made Coraline and second of all, that this was a pairing. And I was also surprised to find out how much I actually LOVE this idea. But first.......can I just praise both movies right quick? They don't get nearly enough attention I believe. Not only is ParaNorman funny as hell but it's such a great commentary on mob mentality, fear of the unknown, and in general society. The animation is so fucking cool and I need stop motion animation to be just as popular as 3D animation and I hate that I didn't too much appreciate it all that much a long time ago.

Coraline is a great movie about a girl who doesn't like the life she's in the present and finds herself in a world where everything seems perfect until it's revealed that it's anything but perfect. The 2nd mother straight up wanted to sow buttons onto her eyes, she killed Wybie 2, she has control over about everything, and so much more and once again the stop motion animation is awesome. Okay that's enough praising for these 2 movies.

I can imagine that Norman would find Coraline interesting because she's been through supernatural happens, Coraline really shouldn't have a hard time believing zombies exist. That's already something in common but in general both of them seemingly don't have a lot of friends. Sure Norman makes a friend in Neil Downe and Coraline apparently has her two friends back home and Wybie but we don't really see anybody else her age that she hangs out with, but then again she had just moved there so she probably didn't have the time to do so and while Norman was just seen as the weird loser who talked to himself when in actuality he was about the only person who could see the ghost and apparently knew all of them pretty well.

Normaline is such a cute pairing honestly. Hell even the animation is so similar, they could almost fit into the same movie and it wouldn't be weird. Well the plot might be weird but I like that. And one more praise for ParaNorman.......can I just say how fucking impressive it is to see a animated movie in 2012 feature a gay character who ISN'T a walking stereotype of his sexuality and is still the typical dumb jock with muscles which in of itself is a diversion because the dude has a boyfriend? I adore how casually he mentions his boyfriend, I love that you really think he didn't show any sort of interest in Courtney because he's dumb but it's because he's already taken, and I LOVE that even Courtney doesn't question him about having a boyfriend, she just questions him about not being single. The Mitchells vs The Machines kinda did the same thing. It's shown that Katie doesn't too much fit in (and there is hints to her statues as apart of the LGBTQ+ community) but the main conflict is her and her dad's relationship, not her sexuality. And I again, adore how casually her mother asks her if her and Jade were official yet and when they would meet her.

Ship it.