Best Animated Dad's Part 2

Uncle Iroh (Avatar: The Last Airbender):

Iroh was the dad that Zuko should have been raised by instead of Ozai. Iroh was a better dad to Zuko then Ozai ever was. Iroh puts Zuko on the right track. Iroh is ALWAYS shown to care  about Zuko even after Zuko betrayed him. He is fucking awesome.

Professor Plutonium (The Powerpuff Girlz):

He is literally raising 3 crime fighting kindergartners and he is STILL able to be a stern but fair dad and thankfully is actually capable of NOT yelling at his kids when they do wrong. I adore the fact that this show had a SINGLE FATHER. I rarely see a single parent in animation in general, but I especially rarely see a single father. He is shown to okay with them and doesn't mind helping them in any way he can.

Augustin Madrigal (Encanto):

He maybe accident prone as hell but I can at least say he cares about his daughters. He went after Luisa when she was upset and he was willing to straight up hide what Mirabel had found out about Bruno to protect her. I just wish we saw more of that.

King Triton (The Little Mermaid):

He definitely counts as the overprotective possessive father and I fucking hate that trope and I will NEVER agree with him destroying her shit or him wanting Eric dead just because he's a human but I will give him credit for 2 things. First: he clearly cares about and loves Ariel. Second: he later let her go be with Eric. I can't fault a dad for loving his daughter and worrying about her. What I can fault is what he does because of it.

Pedro Madrigal (Encanto):

We don't see much but of what we do see, he loved Alma and his family and was willing to sacrifice his life for them. Plus his death meant ALOT to this family. It isn't just one and done like some of the other Disney parents. His death impacted Alma and led the family into a thing called intergenerational trauma. His death set everything in motion. Pretty much everything can be traced back to that one single sacrifice and the miracle that came after. I like to imagine that if Pedro had never been killed then NONE of what happened would have happened, even the miracle itself probably.

Hakoda (Avatar: The Last Airbender):

We don't see much of him but we can say he does care about Sokka and Katara as shown by him choosing to sacrifice his own safety and definite capture if it meant that Sokka, Katara, Aang, Toph, Haru, etc. could escape due to them being the youngest. We see that through him comforting Katara when she was upset about Aang leaving and in general upset about him leaving. And didn't he leave in order to protect her and Sokka? He's a counterpart to Ozai as well I believe. Both of them lost their wives, both are leaders of their tribe/nation, both of them have two kids, and have daughters who are prodigies compared to their other sibling. The difference being Hakoda loved Katara and Sokka unconditionally and Ozai loved Zuko and Azula CONDITIONALLY, he loved them only for what they could do for him, not for who they are. Ozai was even willing to burn and put Agni Kai against his own son when Zuko did nothing but oppose to him sacrificing their soldiers. Hell Hakoda loved Katara and Sokka's mother, Ozai more than likely only married Ursa because she was the granddaughter of Avatar Roku. He saw her as a pawn and vanished her when she stopped being useful to him. Basically, Hakoda is a father and Ozai had no business even having kids.

Cassim (Aladdin):

He wasn't perfect by any means but I think I can say he does care about Aladdin. After all, he left to begin with so he could provide better for his family only when he returned he couldn't find his family (Aladdin being left as a Orphan and Zena having died). He is pretty happy to be reunited with Aladdin and he refuses to sacrifice Aladdin for the treasure he spent YEARS searching for. And speaking of dad's choosing their sons over treasure......

Long John Silver (Treasure Planet):

Yeah the entire meeting is less then ideal but not only does Silver grow to like and care about Jim but he choses saving Jim over the treasure he sacrificed a shit ton for. You can tell he cares about Jim too. He double checks Jim's lifeline and makes sure he's safe during the battle with the Black Hole, he hesitates and untimely can't shoot Jim, he has a pained look on his face after his failure of a deal with Jim, and again ultimately choses Jim over the treasure.

Fa Zhou (Mulan):

He doesn't judge her when she fails to impress the matchmaker and even comforts her. He is shown to be worried about her when she leaves for the war in his place and doesn't reveal it because it would end in her death, and his reaction when Mulan returns home with the necklace the freaking Emperor gave her and the sword yet he's just happy to see her and hugs her and says having her as a daughter was a honor? So fucking sweet.