CHAPTER 02

CHAPTER 02

Vox's POV

Voices filled my ears as I entered a café full of various people talking to each other. As I marched balmy towards a gal at the front area, I can sense many strange stares from my surroundings. My lips curved into a tranquil smile then proceeds to my destination.

"What is your order, sir-?" The woman with a cap asked me but she stopped in shock.

"Uh," I looked above me and saw some fancy names for drinks, "Can I have a tea, please?"

The lady seems stilled and I wonder why. I tried to call her attention again but she was looking at me in a freeze mode. For fuck sake, my throat is starting to dry, I need a drink.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" I waved my hand and snapped my fingers, suddenly she came back from her senses.

She's a bit intimidated while fixing herself up, "W-What is your order again, ... s-sir?"

Oh, I see.

I smiled and crossed my arms together, "A tea, please?"

"What kind of tea? Um, we have some Teavana Oprah Cinnamon Chai Tea Latte, also some Shaken Iced Tea-"

Her words cut off when I spoke, "A normal tea, please?"

My eyes saw how her face formed into a throw-off expression however, she act up like nothing weird is going on and started to work something in a programmable electronic device that is shaped like a square.

She handed me a piece of paper, "That will be, uhh $1.75, sir."

I chuckle as my arms cross to each other. Shit, what does $1.75 supposed to mean? Is that a kind of wage?

"Um, I don't have the exact money, nonetheless do you accept alternative payments?" I spoke as calmly as the weather.

She instantly nods her head, "Yes sir, we are accepting debit, credit, crypto, Paypal, those kinds of payment methods."

Beyond the feeling of being in an out of place, I still don't have a clue what she is referring to. I only have some deluxe belongings from my memoir which I can use to pay for this, am I right?

I leveled my face at the lady and saw how her face explode into a fluster utterance. I look directly into her eyes and let out a husky snicker.

"I do believe ma'am that I'm not quite frequent of those implies that you're soliloquizing but, do you accept other alternative payments?" I asked again in a delicate tone.

She just let out an awkward laugh and nodded in pressure. Apart from that, I snatch the red plush keychain hanging under my belt and show it in between the space of our faces.

"What I mean is, can you take Onigiri as a wage?"

1 Hour Later...

I sipped the last drop of my tea and then threw it in a nearby bin. I'm now walking down the street full of energy. To be honest, I didn't expect what happened earlier in that shop. Well, she didn't take the chance to accept Onigiri as a payment, and she indulge the chance to give me the tea without any bills, what a generous little gal.

To begin with, I don't have so much experience with this current nascency. Perhaps it's a little bit odd but I don't belong here in the first place, literally. I came from somewhere else that may have been encountered a not so bountiful obituary. At least I can see the divergence of this world from mine in the past.

People keep staring at me as I pass them. It's their first time noticing how marvelous I am, especially on my clothing. I looked up in the sky and saw the skyscrapers complimenting into the sun's rays. So this is the modern world?

I stopped for a moment as I close my eyes and behold my senses to those people who surrounds me. The difference is really big, and it's too complicated to define. My focus was interrupted when I heard a shout coming on my way. I opened my eyes and I saw a guy chasing another guy.

Unfortunately, the guy who's being chased bumped hard into me, a reason to lose my balance, and tripped to the ground.

"I'm sorry! Oh, God!" He yelled while still running away.

I was about to get up but another guy stepped on my back, what the fuck?

"Get back here, you Wanker!" He cried out while tagging the first guy.

I mourn in pain and lift myself. My clothes got a speck of dirt from falling to the ground, I don't want to sacrifice Onigiri again for another wage, that sucks.

While fixing myself, I let out a frustrated sigh, "Those filthy little twats are immoral."

Despite the differences of both centuries, I didn't know that people in this present time are more cunning than usual. The folks around me are still glancing like I'm a silly man. Well, maybe that's the advantage of being an outstanding ruler overall, unless if they knew who I was.

Still clueless about the perspective of the crowd in this era. Why would I even be destined to be here actually?

Not that far away, I saw a bridge crossing from the city through other towns. It's a good spot to rest and relax. I keep walking to reach the bridge but something caught my sight. It's in an alley between the buildings, there is two-person and they seem familiar to me.

"Are those guys are the ones who are chasing each other earlier? What's up with them?" I uttered to myself as I peek through the wall.

"Hey, you! I know you! You're the one who stole the bag! You expect me not to suspect you? Well my bad, it's not! Now, surrender yourself to me!" A guy with a strange hat blabbered at the guy he cornered.

The guy with a fancy suit responds while catching his breath, "What're you talking about!? Can't judge me, excuse me!?"

This guy with a strange hat speaks again, "Don't act like you didn't understand what I'm talking 'bout, you piece of shit!"

It's like a culprit and a trooper scene. I may not want to associate with this because it's not my concern anymore in the first place. So I continue my path to the bridge without interrupting their confrontation or whatever is it.

As I arrived at the bridge, the sparkling river blessed my eyes. What a beautiful atmosphere. When I was about to observe the location, I saw someone beside the river, it's like a lady sitting near it, but I can see here in my area that she's crying. Out of nowhere, I found myself trailing down under the bridge and approaching the woman who was hugging herself while sobbing.

An air breeze began to reign and made me smile. What a pitiful lady is it then?

"Are you okay?" I asked in a gentle voice.

She turns her back and look at me, her eyes were full of tears that I can't explain.

How you are so perfect...