Prologue

( Trigger Warning __ Mentions of abuse)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reader POV

"NIKI" I yelled as I run deeper and deeper into the forest. Every step I take being hit by branches hanging lower to the ground. I've been running after her for half hour now, just trying to talk to her about what happened. "NIKI" I yelled again trying to get her attention, so she'll stop running. "Niki please slow down and talk to me please" she finally started to slow down when she finally came to a stop. She stops turns to me with tears in her eyes daring to fall, as she tries to hold herself together. She tries to speak but no sound comes out, instead she fell to her knees sobbing. Tears fall from her eyes as if they were two waterfalls. I run over to comfort her as she sobs. I hold her as the tears fall whispering comforting words to her, not wishing for her to cry worst. The once happy and cheerful Niki dead the day, I introduced her to Will. He's hatred for her only grew the more time I spent with her. Normally, it's only him yelling at her, calling her useless and worthless but for the first time he hit her. Usually, he only would hit me he justified it by calling it tough love, and if he wishes to hit, he's boyfriend he can do as he pleases to. After he hit her, she went running out and deep into the forest. I ran after her ignoring my boyfriend's yells for me to go back to him and not to run after her.

      She's been my friend for years I've seen her happiest moments and her saddest but this, this was the worst I've ever seen her. She was always so happy, cheerful, strong, and never caring what other people think. But Will took the old Niki an broke her to the very point of no return. She finally stops crying turning to look me in the eyes she smiles at me, I smile back. I wipe the rest of the tears off her face with my thumb. "What has he done to you? You used to be so strong and happy. Now you barely even show any emotion at all." I spoke in a soft sweet tone not wishing to upset her. She takes a deep breath before speaking "This has been happening ever since you introduced me and him to each other. He hates me, (M/n). He said it himself too. He's exact words were 'I hate you and don't even think about trying to take (M/n)from me or turning him against me. If you do, I'll kill you.'" I could tell she wasn't lying. By the way her voice sounded it was like thin ice one wrong step and it'll shatter. "His obsessed with you. I mean I get you're his boyfriend, but this is on a whole other level of overprotective. He doesn't even like when anyone is near you, Heck he won't even let your own dad near you without him being there. He never lets you be alone ever, he's always near you. It's not safe for you to be near him because in the end one of you are bound to get hurt. One way or another, (M/n), it's only a matter of time. Why don't you just leave him and find someone better, nicer, and treats you like a king not like you're their pet or slave." She continues. I sighed knowing she right. It is only a matter of time before one of us gets hurt.

I know she right, but I can't just leave him, I love him too much to just leave him, and I know he loves me back, right? He gives me attention, kisses, and cuddles when I want them. I sighed as I looked away from her before I spoke, not wishing to see the disappointment look in her eyes "We should get going Will already upset about me running after you. So, it'd be best if we head back now, maybe he won't be too mad at me. He might not even hit me to bad, I hope." I said knowing it wasn't true he's going to hit worse than he ever had for doing this. She sighed before taking a deep breath "Ok, let's get going then. But just know you're like a little brother to me even if you 23 and I'm only 21, you act a lot younger than me so." "Oh, shut up no I do not." I said sarcastically knowing good and well it's true. We laughed it off as we started on our walk back to my house. "(M/n)?" she said looking as if she's deep in thought. "Yeah?" I asked. "I know you love him and stuff but if it comes down to it please promise me you'll leave him, please. Or just not let him have so much control over your life. It's your life not his. You choose what you do with your life, not him. But if he does start to get Controlling please leave him. Also, if he doesn't stop hitting so much then leave him for god sake." She said as she turns her head to smile at me. I look down not wishing to she how upset she is with me , so I just nodded my head. It was a silent walk neither of us wishing to speak. When we finally get to my house, Will's waiting outside the door with anger written all over his face. I keep reliving it over and over wishing I just let her leave and go back to her house. Because that was the last time, I saw Niki. I keep replaying what happened that day in my head, all these memories are starting to be to much. I think I'm close to a breaking point of no return, I can't sleep at night because of it. I still don't know what happened to her, and if I think about it, I don't want to know.

______________________

Hope you are liking this so far. Hope you have a good day/night/afternoon.
-------1033 words--------