5

11:27 AM, FRIDAY | CHICAGO HIGH SCHOOL |CHICAGO, ILLINOIS

11:27 AM, FRIDAY
| CHICAGO HIGH SCHOOL |
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS

JAYDA CLUTCHED HER books as she made her way towards her locker

JAYDA CLUTCHED HER books as she made her way towards her locker. Opening it up, she put the books into it, changing out for her next period before closing it.

"Wassup, Jayda."

"Oh my goodness!" She jumped as soon as she slammed the locker door. Jayda clutched her chest, looking at Ryan who stood with a small smile on his face.

"So," Ryan twisted his lips to the side, "Never went on that date. How about this weekend?"

Jayda sighed, "I'm sorry, Ryan. But, I'm not interested in you like that. I'm not interested in any boy right now. I'm just focusing on my studies. So, if you could excuse me..."

She tried to walk away but Jayda hissed when her wrist was forcefully grabbed. "P-Please let me go, Ryan. You're hurting me."

"No." Ryan's lips were twisted up, "You are going to go on that date with me. Or, I'll tell your parents you've been hanging out with a drug dealer!"

Jayda's eyebrows furrowed, confused as to what he was saying. "I-I don't hang with drug dealers? What are you talking about?"

"King Von."

"H-He's not a drug dealer!" Jayda spoke loudly, snatching her wrist away from his grasp. "You're sick! Leave me alone, please!"

Quickly making her down the hall, as far as possible from him, Jayda sighed when her phone began to ring. Right now, she had a free period, so she was on her way to the courtyard to sit outside and study.

"Hello?"

"Wassup lil folks." Von's voice floated through the receiver. "What you got goin?"

Jayda held her cheek to her shoulder, with her phone smashed in between as she pushed the doors open and walked outside to the sun-kissed courtyard. "I'm at school, Von. Can I ask you something?"

"No."

"Pleaseeee." Jayda whispered, "It's really important."

She heard a sigh from her phone. "Whatchu finna ask lil folks?"