Chapter 1: Peaceful Day, Shocking Introduction

It was a peaceful day in New Mouse City

It was a peaceful day in New Mouse City. Mice everywhere were busy with their own business. At the Rodent's Gazette, Geronimo Stilton was finishing typing in his story on his computer. His family were planning to go on a picnic in the park. Once he was done, he closed his computer.

"Well, I'm done. So are we ready for our picnic?" Geronimo asked his family.

"Yep. We're all packed." Trap said holding the basket.

"This will nice to just relax." Thea said.

"Yeah, it's gonna be great." Benjamin said.

"It will be great to enjoy a peaceful time away from adventure." Pandora said. They then headed outside to the park.

They soon reached the park and found a quiet area to relax. A few hours passed by of them enjoying the peace there.

"Gotta say... this is just what we needed." Trap said as he was laying down on the grass.

"You can say that again." Benjamin said.

"Me and Benjamin have to write a report on dinosaurs for school." Pandora said.

"Wow. That sounds cool." Thea said.

"We know. Maybe later we can go the museum to help us in our report." Benjamin said.

"Sounds good to me. Until then, I just want to relax on this nice and peaceful—" Geronimo started but was cut off by a loud thunder in the air that the whole city heard. The Stiltons are startled and look to see where that thunder came from. Geronimo looks around sees a purple light outside the city's borders.

"It looks like it came from over there

"It looks like it came from over there." Geronimo said pointing to the location of the light. They all decided to head over to find out what it was. They soon arrived at the location and see nothing. Benjamin then saw tire and tread tracks on the ground.

"Hey guys, look. There are tracks here. Maybe someone drive their vehicles over here?" Benjamin said. The others saw this and wondered what that bright light was and where the tracks came from.