𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭: 𝗛𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗱

A/N: The name: Cebell, is intended to be spelled like that.

That day, when the sun died, humanity lost its intuition. There was no chance to save it, it blew out like a candle. No one understood what caused it to go out. Humanity's fate was sealed. In the midst of the darkness, another species emerged and replaced the humans. We call them vampires. New York was like a light bulb that went out. The city of New York was enveloped in darkness like a revolving abyss. Electricity had been cut off in some parts of the city, and food had become scarce. Humans were the prey, and vampires were the predators. It was a simple game of survival.

There was no government, there was no politics, and there was no order. Not anymore. Humanity was crumbling, like a fist full of sand, piece by piece. One by one, every Human was meant to be their feeding supply or killed for sport.

Vampires' were known as beautiful, divine beings that would redraw blood at night. But during the day they would rest until night would be reborn. But that was only just a mere mask. They were much worse.

Through the caliginous streets of New York, is where another hunt began. Empty cars sat at every curb, collecting dust and dirt. The street lights were burnt out like a match. Each and every home was secluded since the sun died. There was a smell of decay in the air as the wind screamed from every direction. Meanwhile. . . Under the road and deep into the subway tunnels.

As a small group walked through the underground railway slowly and steadily, there was no sign of any danger. Not yet.

"Cebell, hurry up!" A man with dark, messy locks murmurs - just loud enough for her to hear. As they navigated through the darkness, Cebell remained at the back of the group. Her gut was filled with paranoia. Instantly she heard a sound, her head darted towards the source. Not wanting to locate what the source of the sound was, she picked up the swagger and sprinted to the middle of the group. She had long, wavy, brown hair, and chocolate eyes. Cebell wore a white tank top with a brief jacket draping over her shoulders. In the meantime, she wore black denim jeans with black converse.

They've been travelling through the tunnels for hours, having no clue if they took the wrong turn or not. They guided their way through the darkness of a never-ending tunnel, with a flashlight. They knew that if anything were to attack them from behind, they would be burned to ash. A blinking blue light was on their backs. Five humans made their way through the subway tunnels. A woman with brown hair was, Cebell. A man with scruffy brown hair and blue eyes was, Andrew. A shorter woman with dark skin and thick curls was, Mary. A woman and a man lead the group from the front. A woman with blond hair, known to be, Lilith. Last but certainly not least, Galvin. He was the oldest of the group but still kicking ass. He's 5 ft 11 and had grey hair and a scruffy beard.

"Galvin, we've been going in circles, we saw the same sign three times now," Lilith complained as Galvin stopped and pointed the flashlight at the map.

"I think you're right. . . But there is no way that we could have ended back in the same place as before." Galvin knitted his brows and looked at the map. Cebell knew there was something up with this underground tunnel. Everything was possible now, ever since the vampires showed up.

A sudden echo travelled through the tunnel as Galvin and Lilith stopped talking. It was silent from there.

"Did anyone just hear that?" Mary questioned with the utmost fright lacing in her voice.

"I-" Right when Andrew went to speak, a blaring *bang!* boomed through the tunnel. That gave them the hint to start running.

"Go go go!" Lilith started shouting. But what they didn't know was that sound attracts them. Cebell started to sprint as fast as she could. The flashlight continued to oscillate up and down as the sound was getting louder and louder. Cebell suddenly took a glance back, but to suddenly get her shoe hooked on one of the tracks. Her head suddenly smashed into the tracks as gravity did its purpose. Hot tears welled up in her eyes as her body felt on fire. Her lungs burned and her body felt as if something just crushed it.

Mary stopped for a second and tried to go back for Cebell. Her arm was suddenly yanked in the direction she was going. Small sobs escaped her lips as her head was beating like a drum.

"We have to go back for her." Mary tried to fight Lilith's clamp-like grip.

"Mary! We don't have time! Do you want to die?! We leave her!" Lilith yanked Mary with her as Cebell reached out a hand. As the device on her back was flickering and glitching.

"Please. . . Help!" Cebell shouted as the tears started to fall. Galvin and Andrew were long gone, they didn't even know what happened to Cebell.

"I am so sorry!" Mary screamed, as the tears started to fall. As Cebell watched the light slowly get smaller and smaller until it went entirely out. As if the flashlight was the same as a candle, it flickered and then blew out. The group continued down the tunnel but only stop for a second. They shined the light in front of them. The tunnel was blocked with large pieces of stone. A sudden pebble dropped from the ceiling. They soon shined their light up to the ceiling to only see many figures.

"SHIT!!!" Andrew shouted as there was no time to escape. She raised herself off the ground, as she began to step off the tracks. She knew sooner or later they would abandon her. She then turned her head and saw the flashlight. Cebell leaned down and picked it up, as it started to flicker. She then tapped it a few times before it stopped flickering. Loud, blood-curling, screams suddenly echoed through the tunnel, making Cebell's blood turn cold. Shivers ran up and down her spine as everything fell silent. Not a noise was heard besides her breath. Her heart started to beat rapidly against her rib cage. She quickly ran over to the ledge of the subway station and pulled herself up. Cebell quickly rolled onto her back and sprang to her feet. With slow hops, Cebell hobbled over to a set of stairs that led out of the subway tunnel. With each step she climbed up, she felt like she was climbing a mountain. With steady breaths, she used the rail to pull herself up with all of her might.

Finally, she was once again met with darkness. Her breath shuttered as she didn't know which way was home. With slow steps, she placed her hands on her arms and started rubbing, causing friction. It was going to be a long night. The library was the quickest place she could think of to retreat to. What could possibly go wrong in a library? The young woman crossed the street and quickly made her way to the brown brick building.

She flung open the door and stepped inside the building. Right inside the boot room, she continued to the next room and opened another door. For once she felt safe. Being in one of her favourite places just brought her to peace. A small but quiet sigh escaped her lips. She didn't know, however, that someone was there with her. His glowing, azure eyes scanned the darkness as his ears picked up a familiar sound. Thinking she was alone, this was far from normal.