Chapter 19

Vote, comment and share!
Thankss,
Deets.
Agni: Oh you poor baby! c'mere! *Pats Indriya on the head*
Indriya: :3

Chapter 19

Indriya dreamt she was near the fountain again, the milk white shadow was bathing in the soft incandescent moonlight. She could smell the faint smell of roses and wet grey stone that lay beneath her feet.
“Hello Indriya, you have grown up.” A familiar angelic feminine voice called out. Indriya looked sideways at a beautiful woman black haired woman with piercing eyes and sharp features.
“Oh look who's here, the woman of my dreams!” Indriya smiled mockingly at the woman.
“So you knew it was me all along, Indriya?” She asked quietly.
“Of course not, I just realised that every time I drowned in one of my dreams I heard the same disembodied voice and obviously I did not know it was you. Wait, who are you again?”
The lady frowned slightly at her impertinence. Indriya knew better than to apologise, this lady was haunting Indriya’s dreams from when she was young, and drowned every single time.

Indriya almost gasped at the beauty of the woman she saw and her eyes made Indriya feel like she was fortunate to be seen with those angelic eyes and the face that seemed to be that of a goddess. Those eyes were not warm golden speckled eyes, but dark black unyielding ones. She was sizing up Indriya, taking every detail.
“My son seems to be training you well, Indriya. Well, after all he is my son.” She smiled, but Indriya didn't, in fact Indriya was awestruck and she couldn’t move a damned muscle.
“What...what the hell are you saying, woman? YOur son? You are Samanvita Tamas! Agni’s mother!” Indriya’s voice became very cold and hot at the same time.
“Now is not the time, Princess. I am here to ask you for a favour.” She said as she walked around Indriya.
“Too bad you will have to find someone else to do it, I know better than to do the dirty work of some dead Queen.” She asserted.
“How typical of you, Princess.” The Queen was smiling. “Would you not do it even if I told you it would help Agni and Bilvani?”
Indriya was tongue tied, she did not know how to react to the Queen's request.
“No...I cannot interfere with your family life. Besides, can you not do the work by yourself?” Indriya was desperate to get out this dream, she wished Agni could wake her up, but nothing of that sort happened.
“Don’t you think I would do it if I knew how to, Indriya?” The Queen glowered at her, but Indriya didn’t flinch.
“You can do it just the way you did it for me?” Indriya blurted. She knew she should not disrespect the dead but the Queen was not being especially nice to her by haunting her dreams anyway.

“Princess, I cannot penetrate into the minds of either because they do not have a mind like yours, they do not have a gift of transcendental awareness, like you do. You will have to help for the sake of Nirvana, for the sake of the world.” The Queen implored in a cool musical voice, rather soft for a Queen. Indriya pitied the Queen, she could sympathize with her, although, not entirely, but she could understand what drove her to walk out of her realm and come here.
“Ok, if not for Nirvana, for Agni. Agni who you love…” The Queen was talking but Indriya interrupted her.
“I don’t love your son! We are only… friends.” Indriya was surprised as she hesitated to say those words although it was the reality. All the more she continued.

“Queen, I understand what you want me to do, but you do not realise I have no army or kin that has one. How will I help you if you don’t?” She pressed her lips together.
“I understand, I will gather all the help you need to prepare your city for battle only if you promise to tell Agni about the librarian tomorrow.” Her voice held a vow, a burden that was well beyond Indriya’s age but she knew she would have to do it one day or the other.

“I’ll do it, but only on one condition, that is if you warn your son something is going to happen in his life that would make the ground disappear beneath his feet.” A wide abyss yawned somewhere between Indriya’s stomach and heart. Agni is going to hate her, Bilvani is going to hate her. But if this Queen keeps her side of the bargain then Chag, Mythri and most of all Agni will be saved from going against the King of Bhadra.