Chapter Four || A Hole in My Heart

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

Chapter Four: A Hole in My Heart

"You fill my beating heart. Your absence burns a hole in it."

                                                            ╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

The next day was a cold one in the North American country. Ron and Harry were wearing layers of jackets and coats along with the other aurors. They were having breakfast when one of the delegates of the Ministry came to them with a letter. Harry opened the letter and Ron saw his eyes scan through the writing. He then handed the letter to Ron and got up.

"I hope it is some good news, sir. Thank you for coming till here. Headmistress McGonagall expresses her gratitude as well," the delegate said. Harry nodded his thanks as Ron read the letter.

Dear Mr Harry Potter and Mr Ronald Weasley,

The ministry is aware of sending a team of aurors to Mexico, North America in order to protect the headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Due to uncontrollable circumstances, your presence is required at The Burrow.

Your position will be filled in by John Dawlish.

Thanking you,
Yours sincerely,
Lauren McCabe,
Department of Foreign Affairs,
British Ministry of Magic

Ron wondered what the circumstances were. He hoped they were good news as he and Harry bid their fellow aurors farewell and walked to the new flying Ford Angelia. Ron turned the car into a portkey and they along with the vehicle, portkeyed back to The Burrow.

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

The sight that they met was not what they expected. Fleur was standing there, waiting for them, with tears in her eyes. Her face was pale and showed dried tear tracks and she was wearing her nightgown. Not the sight that he wanted to see.

"Oh, 'Arry! Ron! Pleaze come in!" She said in her French accent. She led them in after Ron parked the car off to the side. He saw Ginny looking at him but he ignored her, thinking he was hallucinating.

Ron was utterly confused when they saw the scene at the sitting room. Every single person, besides Mrs Weasley were there, tears in their eyes.

"What happened?" Harry asked.

"G-Gi-" was all Audrey, Percy's wife could get out of her mouth.

"Ginny? What happened to Ginny?!" Harry screeched. Audrey shook her head. Hermione collapsed to the ground in tears. Ron rushed to her side and held her as she cried.

"Hermione? Dad! What happened? Tell me! Speak something!!" Ron asked his silent father. He did not receive any reply.

"WHAT ON RUDDY HELL HAPPENED TO GINNY?!" Harry demanded, sounding harsh but they could sense the worry.