Chapter Eighteen || A Drop of Intrusion

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

Chapter Eighteen: A Drop of Intrusion

"Sometimes it is just better to NOT poke your nose into someone else's life."

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Loud chatting along with the sound of forks and spoons on melamine filled the atmosphere and made it jovial.

Ron almost fainted seeing all the delicacies. There was a large variety of food ranging from pure vegetarian to non vegetarian. Desserts and snacks were on the other side which was crammed with stubborn kids and their moody mothers.

In this commotion, Ron missed Oreo get out of the car and run to Harry, Hermione and an elderly lady. Naturally, he was startled out of his wits and dropped his plate containing chicken wings.

"–aren't the best, are you?" the woman scoffed. Ron squinted his eyes and to his horror, identified her to be his great aunt Muriel.

"I'm sorry?" Harry all but replied politely. Hermione was looking awkward so Ron broke into a run.

Muriel scoffed. "What else can I expect from a boy like you? The-Boy-Who-Lived, The Chosen One and to top it all, The Savior of the Wizarding World! I still wonder how Molly consented your marriage to my niece. Good that she's gone. Better to be dead than watch her freak of an husband talk to another woman."

"Oi!" Ron shouted as he finally approached them. Harry was looking at his feet by now and Hermione seemed relieved that Ron finally came. "This isn't what you think, Aunt Muriel. Harry and Hermione are just –"

"You say rubbish young man! Love has blinded you, hasn't it? There is a reason why our ancestors believed muggleborns and purebloods can't mate!" Muriel shouted at his face. Ron's wrinkled his nose in disgust.

By this time, almost all the Weasleys had gathered and Ron was glad Hermione had set up the Muggle repelling charm around them.

"Aunt Mu–" Mrs Weasley started but was forced to shut her mouth in shock as the aging lady grabbed Hermione's left wrist in a moment of vigorous action.

Ron was ready to pounce on her but someone held him back. Hermione was wriggling her arm uncomfortably and Mrs Weasley started pleading. Oreo started barking rather savagely.

After a moment or two of tense silence, Muriel shouted at Hermione in a harsh voice. "Bearing another life of my nephew and talking to this fame-seeking freak?!"

Collective gasps were heard and Hermione's face fell. Ron turned pale but quickly broke out of his brother's grasp and tried to pull his wife away but that seemed impossible without hurting her.