Chapter 8

„And I like you.”

The words echoed through both the girls' heads. And I like you. Wait, who said that? That was me?! I said that?! No, I couldn't have said that. She has to react now. And I have to witness that reaction. And we haven't talked in a week and I probably should've taken the hint, and she hates me, but I still like her- THAT'S WHAT I JUST SAID. Except I didn't want to say it. It's not the proper time, it's not the proper atmosphere, I'm a mess and she's...

Mirabel stared at you for a few seconds, almost confused - she was a bit shocked. Her mouth has formed itself to be a straight line as she bit her lower lip. Her eyebrows formed around her eyes in an unsure grimace, she was still processing. She was waiting for you to say something else. Something more. Something that would tell her you're joking, or you're secretly Camilo making a prank.

Your mind finally started reacting and you covered your mouth with your hands. Mirabel's face grew deeper in her despair as you both blushed, finally fully realizing the situation.

„I-I mean...” You start, but what do you mean? You wanted to say something that would replace the quick and loud silence in your head. You stammer in your words as Mirabel realizes you're not joking.

„You like me? You...like me?” Mirabel repeats as if she didn't hear you, even though your words were crystal clear. She couldn't believe it.

„I- Um, yes, yeah, a lot actually, and I'm sorry if you're not-” Mirabel cuts you off by taking your hands into hers. You stare at her and she stares at you.

Mirabel was smiling. Which made you smile. The worried glimpse in your eyes you both had about the other hating you as if disappeared in an instant.

„I...I like you too.” Mirabel said the words you hoped to hear ever since you started catching feelings and it was your turn to express everything. Your eyes widened and your pupils dilated, your mouth somewhat dropped, but Mirabel kept smiling. She even began snickering, in fact, she laughed a little. You laughed with her and you both began laughing, you feel a happy tear in your eye and notice Mirabel is already crying.

„I'm- Okay so, uhm-” You let you hand go out of hers and cup her cheek, drying her tear with your thumb. „First of all don't cry,” she laughs and you note you feel your heart beating faster, „and uh, second...Do you...Wanna go out with me?” You ask. She touches the back of your hand with her own hand and leans into the touch.

„Yeah. I'd love to.” She says, smiling at you as you smile back. You hug her tightly and she hugs back. You hear some woos from the distance. Recognising it as Isabela, you smile to yourself.

You let go of the embrace and you and Mirabel stare at each other for a bit, you both filled with happiness.

„Good job Mira!” Isabela enters Dolores' room, where Mirabel was getting ready for a date.

„Oh, uhm...Thanks Isa.” She was obviously nervous.

„I'm so happy for youu! Bring it in!!” Isa messily hugs Mirabel as Dolores mumbles something about Mirabel's make-up. Mirabel hugs back awkwardly.

„Well it was mostly Y/Ns saying.” Mirabel admits as Isabela frowns.

„Oh, don't say that. Your job was to not say anything stupid and admit your feelings. Which you did soo great job!!”

The three begin talking about the date and Mirabels blush keeps it's presence through the whole conversation. Dolores eventually finishes the make-up and they puff Mirabels dress.

„You look amazing! Y/N's gonna love it.” Isabela compliments and Dolores nods.

Mirabel wore her normal shirt, but with a white skirt instead. It was embroided with a bunch of stitching and it had blue stripes. Mirabel's make-up consisted of red eyeshadow and lipstick. She smiled at herself in the mirror and twirled around, making the dress flow.