𝚍𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚖𝚙𝚞'𝚝 𝚊𝚙𝚊𝚝

Your POV

"AAAAHHHHH!" I screamed while running as fast as I can.

Damn this short legs of mine.

"Lulu-chin, why are you running? Why are you running?" Mikey asked as he was running behind me.

"AAAHHHH LUMAYO KA MUNA SAKIN!!" I shouted while he's slowly catching up to me.

[T: AAAHHHH STAY AWAY FROM ME!!]

While I was internally cursing my legs for being short, I didn't realize that he was already close to me until he locked his arms around my waist and picked me up.

"Lulu-chin I was just joking." He said as he laughed while I try to struggle.

I feel like a prey that has been caught by it's predator. My survival instincts are kicking in.

"Sure?" I asked.

"Yeah!"

"Promise? Cross your heart? Hope to die?" I asked

"Maybe It wasn't fully a joke." He said which made me struggle more that made the two of us fall to the sand.

"Hahaha Lulu-chin, I'm just joking sorry sorry." He said

"If you're really joking, then let me go you pervert." I said.

He slowly let me go and I sighed in relief. We stayed on the sand for a while and looked up in the sky.

The shade from the palm tree protects our eyes from the blinding sunlight.

"Lulu-chin" he called. I turned my head to face him while he continues to look up the sky.

"Hmm?"

"What kind of future you like to be in?" He asked.

It's a random question but there's nothing wrong with that. I looked back at the sky and saw two birds freely flying in the open sky.

I closed my eyes as I try to imagine what future I like myself to be in.

"When I was a kid I hated living in the province because I thought it's always boring and plain so I worked hard to move to the city. I don't regret it though but then I wanted to go back." I said.

"To the province?" he asked.

"Yeah. I want to have a peaceful life in a province and maybe run a farm, maybe a fruit farm like mangoes or something, just for a living." I stated with a slight chuckle

"But, I still want to travel abroad." I said.

"Where?" He asked

"Japan" I said as I looked at him. He was already looking at me.

"Why there?" He asked.

I can't tell him that I made a promise with someone. He'll get mad again, I don't want to do that thing again.

"Just because." I simply said and sat up and dust off the sand on my skin.

"That's all?" He asked and also sat up.

"I'd like to be with you in that future too." I said and stood up.

I looked back at him who had an unreadable expession.

Maybe I was just seing things but I think I saw his eyes lit up for a moment before he looked at the direction of the sea.

His lack of response just made me think that maybe he doesn't see me in his future.

It's okay, at least I'm in his present. Who knows? Life is unpredictable, things can change.

"Tara." I said and offered a hand with a smile.