Chapter 4 - Mad-Eye Moody

TW: Mentions of smoking

Katianne's POV

"Your attention please!" Dumbledore spoke. It has been a while, and it was dessert time. "I would like to say a few words." Dumbledore continued saying. "Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the Triwizard tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks."

I looked towards the Gryffindor table to see the Weasley twins extraordinarily intrigued. "Wicked." The two said in unison, eyes widened due to excitement.

"For this reason, the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this, we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation, Mr. Bartemius Crouch."

Barty Crouch, from the other day, came out of the shadows, as well as another man, a man with a slightly bigger figure. Instantly, the sound of thunder filled my ears, which I didn't feel scared about. It's confusing, I know. Who is scared of fireworks but not thunder? Oh well.

The room erupted with scared, screaming people. The other figure that came out of the door earlier pointed his wand towards the ceiling that stopped the upcoming storm.

This man wore a disgusted look on his face. His left eye was fake. His golden light brown hair ended just at the middle of his neck, it was wet, probably because of the rain going on outside. He wore layers of dark clothing, and was kind of chubby in the nicest way.

"Bloody hell, it's Mad-Eye Moody." I could hear Ron bellow, even though he was talking quietly. I swear to god I have super hearing. "Alastor Moody. The aura." Hermione, who was sitting in front of him, introduced. "Aura?" Dean asked, confusion laced in his voice.

"Dark wizard catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are full thanks to him. He's supposed to be mad as a hatter though. These days." Ron continued as this Mad-eye Moody person limped over our headmaster.

He stared straight at me, then at my brother. His intense stare made the hair on the back of my neck stand straight up. His fake left leg clinked every time it hit the ground while walking to the headmaster.

"Ahh. My dear old friend. Thanks for coming." He patted the man with only one real eye's right hand, then his left shoulder. This Alastor guy walked to the side and leaned on the wall. The stick that his right hand was holding was now passed to his left so he could reach for this drink that was in one for his many pockets. 

The soon to be Professor turned away and took a big gulp of it. "What's that he's drinking, do you suppose?" Finnigan questioned. "I don't know, but I don't think it's pumpkin juice." Harry replied, definitely having doubts about this guy.

The man shook his head uncontrollably for a second, making me guess that whatever he is drinking doesn't taste particularly good, which also made me have suspicions towards him.

"After much deliberation, the ministry has concluded that for their own safety, no students under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the Triwizard tournament. This decision is final."

Students started yelling complaints and booing after Barty made this statement. "That's rubbish! That's rubbish!" I heard the redhead twins holler. 

"Silence!" Professor Dumbledore howled.

He casted a spell on this box, which melted into a goblet that had blue flames on the top. "The goblet of fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves for the tournament merely write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour, on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly, if chosen, there's no turning back. As from this moment, the Triwizard tournament has begun!"