Chapter 13 - Celebrating Pt. 2

TW: Swearing

Harry's POV

"Oh look mum's sent me something." Ron opened the package to reveal a hideous brown dress robe with some pink at the sleeves and the collar. "Mum sent me a dress?" He questioned rhetorically. "Well it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet? Aha." I reached into the box and grabbed out this weird thing attached to a black bowtie.

"Ginny, these must be for you." He walked over to his younger sister. "I'm not wearing that, it's ghastly." The redhead girl squinted her eyes at it. Hermione laughed.

"What are you on about?" He asked the frizzy haired Gryffindor. "They're not for Ginny. They're for you! Dress robes!" She replied and Ron looked ever more confused. "Dress robes? For what?" I shrugged my shoulders as my blue eyed twin silently laughed.

"KATIANNE LILY POTTER!" Our heads snapped to the great hall doors, as did most other people's heads. It was Cedric's younger brother. Elliot was it? What did he want with Katia? Either way, the blonde boy had a stern look in his eyes but a big grin on his face.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He exclaimed after he walked up to us. "Tell you what?" The brunette girl quizzed and he handed her his Daily Prophet and crossed his arms over his chest. Katia's eyes went from confused to shocked. "Oh I'm gonna f*cking murder that blonde b*tch!"

She slammed the newspaper onto the table and I grabbed it.

"Young, brave, Katianne Potter, dragging in boys from Hufflepuff and all the way from Slytherin. This sly girl didn't just sneak her name into the goblet of fire, but also sneaked two boys and dated both of them in secret. Her new target, Cedric Diggory, who is another champion, caught snogging with her in an empty classroom, shocking her brother and her friends. And her beloved boyfriend, Draco Malfoy. There is no news yet on how he is reacting to this sensitive story." I read aloud.

There was a picture of Malfoy and Katia together before she battled her dragon. A photo of those two sitting together at the Three Broomsticks. Then a heart shaped photo of her and Cedric sitting in the cafe. And lastly the day they snogged in that classroom.

"Are you snogging Malfoy?" Ron asked in disbelief. "No! Of course not! Might as well ask if Hermione's snogging my brother!" My twin snapped, turning back to the younger Diggory. "You are beyond famous. Now you just got the paparazzi you never had before. Either way, you need to tell me everything! Let's go." He quickly grabbed my sister away.

Are they like friends or something? Wow, didn't even tell me. The redhead tried to make the tension go away by asking a question. "Bringing back the dress robe's, Hermione, you know everything. What are they for?"

Time skip

"The Yule ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard tournament since its inception." Professor McGonagall started saying, while Filch was fidgeting with this extremely large and slightly molded phonograph.

"On Christmas eve night, we and our guests gather in the great hall for well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the Yule ball is first and foremost... a dance."

The girls started chattering, smiling, certainly very excited. Most of the boys groaned, including me. I don't like dances! Katia doesn't either. I wonder how she would react to this.

"Silence! The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard for nearly ten centuries." The teacher continued. "I will not have you in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling, band of baboons."

I saw Fred lean into George's right ear and whispered something. "Try saying that five times faster." And both twins started saying 'babbling, bumbling, band of baboons' a lot of times.

"Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumber, longing to burst forth and take flight." The brunette Professor explained, using a metaphor while using big hand motions.

Ron leaned to Seamus, who was sitting on his right, and whispered in his ear. "Something's about to burst out of Hilary, but I don't think it's a swan." The redhead and the boy next to him both chuckled at his insult. I glared at the back of his head, even though he can't see me. He shouldn't be rude about people like that!

"Inside every boy a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr. Weasley, will you join me?" She walked over to us, putting a hand on his shoulder. As he was standing up, I pushed his back slightly, grinning behind him. Well that serves him right.

"Now, place your right hand on my waist." The youngest Weasley boy widened his eyes. "Where?" The teacher puts her hands in the positions she is meant to put them. "My waist. Now bend your arm. Mr. Filch!" She repeated.

He does as told and Filch puts the music on. "One, two, three. One two, three." The brunette Professor counted, while dancing with an extremely uncomfortable Ron.

The Weasley twins were swaying around to the music too. "Boys." I called out, leaning back on my chair to reach them. Both redhead twins walked over. "Never gonna let him forget this are you?" I questioned, knowing the obvious answer. "Never." They answered in unison.

"Everyone, come together." Professor McGonagall instructed. All the people on the other side of the room stood up.

The boys just slumped back into their chairs, some groaning, others put their hands on their heads, trying to hide their faces. Neville looked around, quite eager to dance. He got up the courage to stand up. Eventually everyone else did as well, just took their time to do so.

Time skip

Katianne's POV

All the Slytherin's were sitting in an empty great hall. There was a large phonograph in the centre. The girls sat on one side while the guys sat on the other. The Gryffindor's were in here before us and Harry told me all about this Yule ball thing.

As Professor Snape finally got to the part about it being a dance, the girls all squealed and talked among themselves in excitement. The people on the other side mostly rolled their eyes or slumped into their chairs.

I groaned in annoyance. I hated dancing with people. If I was alone, sure why not. But with people watching me dance. Ew.

My whine caused the greasy haired Professor to look at me. "Ms. Potter, why don't you help me demonstrate to everyone how to dance?" My eyes widened and I looked around to see everyone staring at me.

My face burned up due to embarrassment. I saw Malfoy smirk when my eyes landed on him. I glared back at him and stood up from my chair slowly and walked up to the Professor.

I awkwardly put my hand on his shoulder and held his hand with the other on. I uncomfortably looked away and spotted the great hall door slightly creaked open. Two heads popped in and I could clearly recognise it as Elliot and Harry's. I shot them a death stare and a 'help me' look, but all they did was silently laugh, still trying to not get caught by everyone else.

The music started and the black haired Professor told everyone to find a partner to start dancing with. He let me go as well, him being in as much pain for dancing with a student. I fake gagged after he turned away.

"May I have this dance?" A familiar voice questioned. I turned to see the blonde smirking, holding his hand out. I turned my head to my best friend and brother, aggressively shaking their head. I stared at Malfoy's hand, then at his grey eyes.

"There isn't anyone else anyways." I squinted my eyes at him. "Seems like Parkinson is really eager to have a dance with you." We turned to see the black haired girl scowling at me while dancing with someone else. "Plus I've had enough dancing for one day. And I didn't enjoy any part of it." The grey eyed Slytherin fake pouted and I rolled my eyes at him and took his hand.

1401 words

a/n I finally made a short chapter. Ik, I'm so awesome. So yeah. Enjoy!