Return

****Author's Notes: This part has three sections - the first is from Runa's perspective, the second from Loki's, then it ends with Runa's perspective again. 

Runa's POV

I couldn't believe what the Norns had said. I could see that Loki was dying to ask, but when I brought us back to the tower, he graciously backed off and let me be surrounded in hugs and kisses by the Avengers.

Tony had picked me up and twirled me around, "Hey kid! I knew you were too stubborn to die on us." He finally put me down and placed a kiss on top of my head. Yeah, I know he's thousands of years younger than me, but he really does treat me like a daughter, and truth be told, I kinda like it.

It took a bit for everyone to calm down before I made my way to the couch and sat next to Loki. He took my hand in his and kissed my fingers gently. When his mouth left the top of my hand, I smiled realizing he had magically replaced my wedding ring. "I didn't know where it was," I squeaked as I wiggled my fingers.

He ran a finger across my cheekbone, "Nothing is really ever lost, my love, only misplaced." I knew he wasn't just talking about the ring. He knew I wasn't ready to talk about the things that had happened, but this was his gentle way of letting me know that he would be with me no matter what. This is why fate brought us together - we really are stronger together.

"Just what accord did I strike with the Norns, my love. Your mothers were very mysterious in their answers," Loki asked, wrapping his arms around me gently.

I looked up into those pools of jade. Those are the same eyes that pulled me in the first time I looked at him. He cleared his throat, drawing me back to his question. "Because you were willing to make the same sacrifice I did, they took payment as an eternity with their daughter," I whispered with deep crimson cheeks, "and grandchildren." I looked back up to see those jade pools wide with wonder.

I sat patiently waiting for the shock to wear off, but Thor seemed to notice Loki's dazed expression and butted in. "Brother, are you alright?"

Loki gaped for a moment longer before responding, "Um, yes, well, actually, I think I'm more than alright, aren't we, Runa?" He gave me a sly grin and leaned over to kiss me, but hesitated until I leaned in to accept the kiss.

You threw me under a bus again, you jerk - I teased him. He just batted his eyes and chuckled.

"What does he mean, sister?" Thor pressed the matter.

Grrr...Oops, I guess I really did growl out loud. Loki snickered and I slapped his arm. "Well, when Loki took me to the Norns, I was human. I'd revoked my immortality to try and save you all." Tony started to ask a question, but I raised my hand to stop him. "Loki bargained his life and Asgardian immortality for my life."

"So are you both human now?" Jane asked, "Maybe we could get you both apples as Frigga did for me?"

I giggled. I really like Jane, she is a truly innocent soul.

"That won't be necessary, Jane. Runa's mothers seem to have their own mischievous streak. Instead of taking our immortality, they granted both of us true immortality," Loki finished the response for me but left out the grandchildren part.

Tony spit his drink when Loki said immortal. "You mean, like really, really immortal. Never dying?" I shook my head as he pinched his nose. "Oh good grief, these two will be causing chaos for an eternity all over the universe," he groaned, making everyone laugh.

We all sat talking for a few more hours before I felt myself nodding off against Loki's chest as the adrenaline finally began to wear off. He gently lifted me up and took me to our room. He put me under the covers then used magic to change my clothes while he lay on top of the covers.