1. (Restart)

The concept of rebirth is something wished upon by a lot of people, some believe in it through religion, some through spirituality and crystals. I'm not part of any of these parties though, I simply wish for rebirth after I pass on, however, I don't believe it will necessarily happen. The simplicity and vastness of rebirth is what makes it so beautiful.

Smiling I continue drawing in my sketchbook, not that I believe I'm necessarily good as of now, however, that doesn't mean I can't grow and evolve with experience. Walking down the street I'm alone in my own world, doing small head bobs and not paying attention to those around me I continue shading in the roughly stitched-up work of art.

Looking up I'm stopped at a crosswalk, waiting with a few classmates of mine I look back down at my book. Deciding to finish it at home I put it into the inside jacket pocket of my button-up. My school has a dress code and strict guidelines for what you can wear. This outfit of mine is casual but formal, a Black t-shirt underneath my grey button-up, a pair of sweatpants also grey in color with the logo of our school on them. My mom thought it would be nice to support our school even though the prices were quite high for something of so little value.

Shaking my head I put my pencil in the pocket of my sweats, and hear the beep from the crosswalk. Starting to walk only a beat after my peers I look at the scenery surrounding me, the falling leaves of auburn red littering the path, not in amounts copious enough to impede my steps, but enough to be noticed.

Walking across several streets and arriving at the entrance of my house, I grab the key to unlock the door. Finally hearing the noticeable click of the lock being opened I quickly enter inside, closing the door after me. Walking to the stairs that are located to the left, I hurry up them after taking my shoes off. Skipping two steps at a time till I reach the top, then head right, wrapping over the bend and trailing my hand on the banister as I go.

Entering inside my room the first thing I do is throw my backpack on the floor, then take out my sketchbook and pen, setting them on my dresser I turn on my computer. This routine happens every day for the past three years on repeat, like clockwork.

Still having my earbuds in I take them out and unplug them. Yes, I still use the ones with a cord, and no I really don't give a shit about what others say about them. They work and aren't 200 dollars, that's a win in my book.

Logging into my computer I bring up google and search for SoundCloud, creating a new tab while that's loading up I type in Webnovel. The stories on here aren't that bad actually, really I go on here often to see if the fanfictions I like have been updated yet. The problem is most of the time they aren't, considering the author has other things to do besides writing, an example could be doing homework, watching YouTube, or hanging out with friends. I, however, am a no-life avid reader who doesn't give a damn about what the creator does in their spare time if it isn't writing.

None of this matters right now though, I'm only concerned with relaxation from the boring, mundane school day I had. I feel like the school system has diminished from the perceived prestige it used to have, before COVID of course. Nowadays school takes almost no effort, at least to me. Considering I actually pay attention to my teachers and don't procrastinate with assignments I may have in the past. Yes, I used to procrastinate a ton in the past, now that's changed drastically with the realization of how important school is.

I don't want to be held back or unable to do something I want to, just because of some stupid decisions I made in the past. My likes and goals will change with time, I could've wanted to be a chiropractor, or electrician, or the president of the United States. However, I'll never be able to achieve those if I lack simple credentials like a high school diploma; and if I do get a high school diploma, I see no reason to not get a good GPA when finishing.