Chapter 39

Their fates were written in stardust through galaxies long forgotten. A human whose hunger was satiated by none other than the Lord of the Night. 

Bleed no longer.

76 Years After the Encounter

The nightmares had become repetitive, like a mind numbing job sewing together the clothes of soldiers from the war.

But the High Lady and Lord held onto each other through the night, for the fear of letting go was too much to bear. 

They did not let it dictate them anymore however, when dawn hit, they fell in love all over again. 

And that showed through the swelling stomach of the Cursebreaker. Mother  would be her new title. The pair had decided it was their favorite of them all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Few Months Earlier

"I can't choose," Rhysand pleaded. They had been deciding how to tell their inner circle that a child was soon to bless the house.

"Fine, how about we just bring it up at dinner tonight?" Feyre suggested. Rhysand let out a disappointed sigh at that. "If you want theatrics, you have to come up with the means of doing so," she taunted. He flicked her nose at that.

It had been a busy few days at the townhouse in Velaris. Starfall was tonight and with the announcement of the pregnancy and the replenished shooting stars, they had much to plan.

Feyre chuckled and plucked a freshly baked muffin off the counter courtesy of Nuala and Cerridwen, and perhaps Elain. She did not know though, if Elain and Azriel had arrived this morning from their stay at the Summer court that she had gifted Azriel on his birthday.

"Oo muffins," Cassian said strolling into the room, Nesta five steps behind. He took one off the counter and took a bite that nearly took half of it out. Nesta rolled her eyes but did not refuse when Cassian offered her the other half.

"What time should we arrive at the House of Wind?" Nesta asked no one in particular. 

Rhysand did not fail to catch the glint in Cassian's eyes at the word we as soon as it left Nesta's mouth. He smiled at the gratefulness that warmed his heart, that his brother got to experience what he deserves: a mate.

"Perhaps 9?" Feyre suggested looking at Rhysand for any input. 

"8 would give Mor enough time to be fashionably late and still be on time though," Cassian joked. Nesta rolled her eyes and punched him in the arm. He mouthed a very dramatic oww at that.

"8 it is then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As their inner circle began arriving to the House of Wind one by one, with the exception of Azriel and Elain and Nesta and Cassian, the nerves began to settle in.

Feyre and Rhys had decided to just let the night play out the way it would.

As they all found their seat at the table and began talking and discussing things that Feyre stopped hearing, she looked at each and every one of them as if she had not seen them before.

Cassian who had masked his love for others in humor, but would give his life in half a second to anyone sitting in the room, and outside it.

Azriel who had known nothing but darkness for years, but learned to make the darkness bow to him.

Mor who was a pillar of strength despite all that happened to her. 

Elain and Nesta who did not let what happened to them define their futures, instead let it become something positive instead.

Amren who had unleashed the only thing she had been afraid of: herself, and came back from it.

And lastly, Feyre's eyes glossed over as the room became noticeably quiet and she looked her mate in the eyes. 

You are everything and we deserve this. She said down the bond. Then she threw the image to everyone's minds in the room.

Of the child the Bone Carver had shown them nearly a century ago. 

When she looked back at her family seated around the table, they smiled back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Remember when we first stood here?" Rhysand asked quietly as they stood on the balcony they did when she was still new to the court-to him.

"How can I forget? I was almost blinded," Feyre complained jokingly. Rhysand let out a huff of laughter and reached for her hand.

"You smiled for me that day," He nearly whispered. "And I thank whoever is listening, that I get to see it everyday now."

The first star shot across the sky as if summoning it's brethren behind it, hundreds of others began to do the same.

When they held hands and looked up at the familiar night sky, one star found them anew. It seemed to shine brighter than the others as if saying,

We remember you. From a worlds away.

Feyre and Rhysand smiled back.

We remember you too.