Chapter 29

There was some sort of unspoken agreement between Rhys and Rowan as they were escorted out.

1. They needed to get out of there first. Because they followed the guards out and didn't put up a fight.

2. They two warriors were going to work together to bring their wives back.

Upon stepping outside, Rowan knew for a fact that they were not in Erilea for the world just had another feeling to it. But before he could say anything, Rhys spoke his first words in a while, "We need to get to my townhouse."

"Where is that?" Rowan had no doubt that Rhys was a good man from the way he observed his demeanor inside that hellhole.

"Take my hand," Rhys commanded. Rowan raised an eyebrow at that but the fire in him that burned for his fireheart burned brighter: he had to get her back, safe and soon.

So he took Rhys's hand and within a split second, they were in the foyer of a home.

Rowan sniffed two other males along with a female. Dark and ancient. He felt for his weapons, but were nowhere to be found.

"You need to tell me everything about your world and how you know Amarantha," Rowan demanded. Rhys clenched his jaw. But he knew inside of him that he could trust Rowan.

So he told him. In the shortest time possible, Rowan was informed of where he was and what situation Rhys is in and how similar it is to his own. He looked over at him and saw himself in another world, another life, and another form.

"We need backup," Rhys said.

He was quickly thrown off his trail of thought by the sound of footsteps.

"Feyre. Where is she?" One of the new males asked. He had black hair tied back into a bun like his own used to be before he cut it. But before Rhys could answer he looked towards Rowan and said, "Who are you?"

"Rowan Whitethorn Galathynius, King of Terrasen," he supposed the "King" title would be unnecessary here as they may not even know what Terrasen is.

"King? Terrasen?" He said. The male reached for his sword.

"Cassian he's good," Rhys assured him. Cassian was his name.

Fitting, Rowan thought. Cassian let go of his sword. However from behind him it seemed a shadow unraveled. He wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for his Fae sense of smell. Shadowsinger, Rowan only read about those in folklore, but he wasn't surprised as he knew better than to write off folklore.

"Azriel," Rhys said while nodding at the shadowsinger. "And the blonde one is Mor, my cousin."

Rowan nodded. He just wanted Aelin, he didn't find himself giving a damn about these names anymore.

"Feyre?" Cassian asked again, the others had worried looks on their face.

Rhys's sharp intake of breath was audible for Mor started to shake her breath. "Amarantha is back."

Rowan took a look around the faces, none of them were calm or worried anymore, there was pure anger and worry on their faces now.

"How do you know?" Mor asked after a long bout of silence.

"Because Rowan and I saw her, along with an ally of hers, Maeve," Rhys explained.

Azriel asked a question that Rowan thought he already knew the answer to based off the tone he asked it in, "And what does this have to do with my High Lady?"

High Lord and High Lady. Rowan now knew why his King title sounded so off putting to them.

"She has Feyre," Rhys's voice sounded like it was about to crack on his beloved's name, "And along with Feyre she has Rowan's mate as well. And they are both.." Rhys sounded like he couldn't talk anymore, he looked so tired.

"They have both been enslaved to Maeve and Amarantha," Rowan finished for him.

Mor let out a choked cry. And Cassian and Azriel looked down at the floor in what looked like defeat.

"We'll get them back," Rowan reassured all of them. "We will get your High Lady and my Queen back."

Cassian seemed to agree with Rowan on that. But the silence still hung over all of them.

Rowan's thought went back to his cadre and the rest of his friends. How would they react to this. He had to tell them. But how? He knew he was in some other world. He needed to get Aedion or Lorcan here. So Rowan took a deep breath and started his story, "I come from a place called Erilea, and I need you to help me get my friends here, they can help."

Azriel leaned off the wall. "What do you mean?"

"You've never heard of my kingdom because it is not here, it is on another planet or even dimension entirely. But if I was brought here, I know my friends can be too. You help me i'll help you. There are two women who I am assuming made us both go through similar ordeals in the past and if that's the case then you need my help and I need yours."

"You can trust him," Rhys said. "You will trust him. Where's Amren?"

"On her way here, she was at the Summer Court earlier," Mor answered, somewhat composed after news of her High Lady being taken struck her.

"She can help us get your friends here, in the meantime, let's discuss a plan," Rhys said.

Rowan nodded.

"Was she okay?" Cassian asked Rhys silently.

Rhys looked at him with softness in his eyes, "She's not physically hurt, no."

Rowan thought of Aedion asking him the same exact question. He let out a deep breath of pent up anger but found the anger didn't leave him. "Okay, I need a map of this place first."

Azriel nodded, "You experienced?" Rowan knew what type of experience he was talking about.

"I can spar you right now," Rowan offered, he also knew that Azriel would not survive a fight against him...not right now...not ever.

"No need," Azriel said, and Rowan knew it wasn't out of cowardice so he gave a nod.

"I'll wait here for Amren then call Rowan when she finds a way to bring your friends," Mor said quietly.

"A map of Under the Mountain," Rhys said quietly. Cassian nodded. They all went to the war room down a hallway in the house.

All Rowan could think about right now was, when his friends got here, how he would make hell break loose on Maeve.

Because last time it was Lorcan's arrow that killed her.

But this time it would be Rowan's bare hands.

IMPORTANT Author's note - Some things in this story may not lign up with Kingdom of Ash but it lines up with my other story Set Fire to my Atmosphere so if any of the lines in this chapter confuse you like Lorcan killing Maeve that would by why :)

Anyways, thank you for reading (if you made it this far, it's a long chapter and no one ever reads the author's notes) and sorry it took me so long to update!